OMG! 3 more lbs. until I've lost 200 lbs.

Laura_Illinois
on 5/6/10 8:05 am - Morris, IL
I got on the scale this morning and couldn't believe it. I had lost 8 lbs. since last Friday. I weighed 212 lbs. down from a all time high of 409 lbs. Wow, unbelievable!!! In less than a year.

In 3 more pounds I'll have lost 200 lbs. I am continually shocked and grateful for what this surgery has brought to me. My life back. Friends included.

I believe the 8 lbs. loss was due to 2 factors. I had my period going last week, so I usually retain water and the help of a good laxative from the health food store to help my almost week long constipation. Hope it's not to much information. I don't usually lose 8 lbs. in a week, not since the beginning of this journey anyway.

Sending good thoughts out to all my fellow Julyers, Peace and Love, Laura

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

georgiapeachinla
on 5/6/10 10:28 am
AWESOME LAURA.... WOOOW HOOO!! DO IT GIRLIE!!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

Laura_Illinois
on 5/6/10 9:13 pm, edited 5/6/10 9:18 pm - Morris, IL
Thanks Lisa. Today is the last day of college for me this semester. Yee Hah! Only one more clinical and then I graduate next December. Things are looking up!

Now I need to find a temporary summer job until the Fall Semester starts in August. Time to do some house cleaning and garage sales.

georgiapeachinla
on 5/6/10 11:21 pm
Awesome girlie.. congrats on both of your successes!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

caniseetoo
on 5/6/10 12:54 pm - Glenside, PA

Hey, take the eight pounds.  Whatever works, eh?  Congrats on the approach of your milestone and be sure to let us celebrate with you when it happens!

Laura_Illinois
on 5/6/10 9:17 pm - Morris, IL
Thank you. I will definitely let you know when I reach my 200 lb. loss. I've been so overweight for so long it's hard to believe that I have less than 65 lbs. to hit my goal weight of 150 lbs. It's been over 20 years since I weighed under 200 lbs.

saletiajohnson
on 5/8/10 8:49 am - anchorage, AK
 You go girl! Im so proud!
Laura_Illinois
on 5/8/10 11:59 am - Morris, IL
Thank you! I'll take that. Hope all is well in Alaska. By the way one of my favorite shows is "Deadliest Catch". Where do you live in Alaska? It looks like a beautiful state. I'd love to be able to go there for a vacation someday. I love the outdoors and animals, etc.

KristeMitchell
on 5/9/10 4:42 pm
THAT IS AMAZING! You will be in onederland before you know it! Keep up the fantastic work! You are doing awesome!

Laura_Illinois
on 5/10/10 10:30 pm - Morris, IL
Hi Kristie, Thanks for your support!

I read you post about "goal weight" and changing it. I think you have to go with your own "gut feelings". If you feel healthy and happy and satisfied with where your at, that is what matters.

Personally, I weigh myself on my Wii Fit and it suggests that my ideal weight would be 148 lbs for a good BMI. I'm probably going to reset my "new" goal weight for a little less than 150 lbs. However, that extra skin thing does play a factor in it. I hope to be able to have some loose skin removed somewhere down the road. That skin has to weigh something, right? I'm still a little over 60 lbs. from my original goal of 150 lbs. That is what I'm sticking with for now then I'll see how I feel.

Everyone is telling me how good I look now. But when I look in the mirror when I'm naked I still see a lot of fat and loose skin. In my head I still have a ways to go. Maybe it's the old "fat mentality" clouding my new less heavy brain. I realize I have to get over that, I'm a work in progress.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 837 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 710 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 950 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1040 views
4 Years!