Stop being so hard on yourselves.....

luanne711
on 5/7/10 7:40 am - Bradford, PA

Think positive folks.

We all can't be failing at this, so don't think you are failing too. We've all lost an enormous amount of weight (me - 109 lbs in 9 months). That is a HUGE accomplishment folks and every single one of us should be so proud. Some of you have lost more in that same amount of time, because chances are you might have had more that you had to lose. Our bodies are still reeling from the trauma we put it through and we're all still getting more exercise, whether intentional or not. Some more, some less.

Don't beat yourself up just because you might be grazing. For me, that's about the only way I can still get my calories in and I don't really even get them in like I probably should be doing. Who knows what the magic combination is.

I'm going to practice enjoying life as it is now and focus on what I should be doing.  I believe the rest will happen naturally.

Happy Mothers Day to all of you and think positive, be happy with how far you have come.

:-)

Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
georgiapeachinla
on 5/7/10 3:25 pm
WEll SAID LUANNE... HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TOO YOU!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

Laura_Illinois
on 5/8/10 12:06 pm - Morris, IL
Happy Mother's Day to you too Luanne!

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

KristeMitchell
on 5/9/10 4:39 pm
Amen sister! Thanks for the reminder! I really needed it tonight...this journey is much tougher than I thought it would be.  I thought it would be physically harder but I am being thrown for an emotional loop everyday.  Its a constant struggle and lately I feel like I lose more battles than I win.  It is so easy to get off track and fall into old habits.  At least I am aware of them now.  Thanks for the encouragement.  117 lbs for me and DAMN it that is good enough!

JulieTX
on 5/18/10 5:25 am - Whitehouse, TX
 THANKS LUANNE!  This is just what I needed.  I needed to be reminded of the perspective!  When I think back to WHY I needed this surgery and what my initial goals were - I realize I have met them!  I am healthier, happier, I can walk-run-play, climb stairs, fit in seats....  When I was a size 24-26, I said I'd be happy at a size 14...  Today, as I realize how far I've come, I do want more for myself, but if I stayed at my current weight and size for the rest of my life and I'd still do it all over again!!!

I entered this as a journey, not a destination and I need my July'er friends to help me remember that from time to time.

Congrats to all of you.  We are all LOSERS!  =)

Julie

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 837 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 710 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 950 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1039 views
4 Years!