Anyone adjusted their goal weight??

KristeMitchell
on 5/9/10 5:06 pm
Hello all!
Now that we are all getting close to "goal" has anyone changed what their goal weight is?? I had 150 for the longest time. According to the BMI thingy I should be 122-153 lbs.  
That just seems soooooo thin.  I am happy at 179 but I know I still have a ways to go.  The excess skin really messes with my head.  I still look like a fat person naked in the mirror.  I look great in clothes, but under the size 12s and the spanx its a hot mess.  I adjusted my goal to 170 with the hopes that the tummy tuck next summer (hopefully) will bring me closer to 160ish.  I guess the way I look at it is I would rather set a goal that seems more attainable and maintainable then shot for a number that may be too difficult to maintain.  To be honest, I am lazy and I want to maintain a weight with the least amount of work as possible.  I am just being honest.  I am not sure I could handle getting down to 150 and then gain some of it back.  Would it be better to maintain a little bit higher weight or get to goal and live in fear of regain?? What do you all think?  Have you adjusted your goal up or down depending on how you look and feel at your current weight?  Am I selling myself short?  Part of me feels that way but the other part of me really wants to maintain this weight loss long term without having to measure all of my food and work out 5 times a week.  That just isn't realistic for me.  I want to continue being active with a couple trips to the gym each week and eat like a normal person.  I'm sorry for rambling. It's late and I'm tired.  I have been thinking alot today about my journey, how far I have come and how far I have to go.  I read on Eggface's blog this week the following:

"My theory: This is a lifetime war against obesity. Surgery was just one battle. I fight battles everyday and will for the rest of my life. Anyone that has reached "goal weight" and then woke up the next day came to the harsh reality that there is NO FINISH LINE to this thing. The fight is FOREVER. Every day I am faced with choices, decisions, battles, some days I will win, some days the enemy may get the upper hand but I wake up and fight because I know what life was and I know what life is like now.  "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." ~Winston S. Churchill"

I think she is fantastic and completly right.  Well, I should go to bed but hubby is on the way home from work (at 12:05 am) and there is a fresh True Blood waiting on the DVR...worth an extra cup of coffee in the morning!

2_be_me_again
on 5/10/10 7:01 am
First off... I love you Kristie... always keeping it real!   I think about changing my goal weight to what I am currently often but then I remember that famous 10+/- rule that those in maintenance face.   I think I am going to keep reaching for my orignal goal so that I keep that feeling of accomplishment and momentum going.  For me...being able to reach 175 by my 30th is very important to me for some reason.  I feel like I'm going through a mid life crises or something (no pun intended to those already over 30) where I have to do this.  My motivation is still there so I'm going to keep pushing for the goal.  

In my own opinion, I'd say you should keep reaching for your goal unless your weight loss has truly stopped.  I too really dig Eggface alot!  She is sooo right that this is a lifetime WAR.  I for one realize that my weight is something that I will always have a problem with.  Gaining or losing is something that just won't go away.

Just a tid bit... the lady who I shared a room with at the hospital was getting her 2nd RNY after 3 years.  She said she never reached goal and had gained back her weight PLUS some.  When she said that - I thought to myself how in the hell is this possiable?  The sheer fact that I eat cheetos daily (my vice) I know this can happen to me one day.   I try to keep our conversation in my mind daily cause IT CAN HAPPEN.   Lack of exercise will GARUNTEE gain of some sort.  If I eat cheetos - I MUST get my ass in the gym to work off those calories or I must go for a walk.  The gult gets to me.  Plus I don't want to hear my mothers mouth about gaining weight either so that's great motivation in itself.

Anywho.. that's my take on your post.  I loved it by the way.

Because I keep it real like yourself.... don't stop till you get goal missy.

HUGS AND KISSES!
AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

georgiapeachinla
on 5/10/10 10:45 am, edited 5/10/10 10:45 am
Kristie...
I think I'am .. I mean you know how sometimes we see what we feel like it should be but in reality it's about how you feel about yourself, and how healthy your body feels.. Right now I'm less than 2 lbs of hitting my Challenge 200LBS!!! That just feel good, and have learned along they way my aim was to live longer.. that was my greatest goal.. plus..I looked like the person I use to know.. If I don't lose another drop.. I SOOOO HAPPY STILL!!
P.S.
I LUV TRUE BLOOD 2.. IM READY FOR THE NEW SEASON!!
LUV YA KRISTIE!!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

KristeMitchell
on 5/10/10 1:02 pm
Thank you so much! I LOVE true blood.  I am so excited for the third season! Have you read the books?? Its going to be friggin amazing! The weres are soooooooooooo cool! And you get to meet more sups and more vamp royalty! Its going to be awesome!

AshleyDillo
on 5/10/10 2:16 pm - Tallahassee, FL

I did!  I have no idea what my goal weight should be, so I just set under 200 as my goal.  And I blew past that..I didn't even realize when it came and now I'm hovering around 191-194.  It's kind of amazing.  

I have to be like 130 to not be considered overweight and I doubt I'll make it that small.  I'd be happy if it stopped now, but I'd love to lose the weight still kicking around in my upper half..it's rough being a 14 on the bottom and a 16-18 on the top!

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

dgarzila
on 5/20/10 8:07 pm, edited 5/20/10 8:16 pm
I feel the pain. That surgiversary date coming so quickly. I see photos of me then and see photos of me now and there is a huge difference. From wearing a size 52 pants at my worst to now down to a size 36 only because my thighs have more muscle from olympic weightlifting doing the crossfit. I can't believe 3 months ago my waist was the problem for a 36 and now it is my quadricepts and hamstrings , lol.  The suit my friends bought me for Christmas has a waist size of 38 an now those pants are huge on me in the middle. 

Have I changed my goal weight? I don't think so.  I think I changed it sometime last year from 145 lbs to 165 lbs. But I don't think if I don't reach it by July 28th I will consider myself a failure. Butegg for some reason I want that scale to move down.... I am leaning out  , and it may not get to 165 by then , but if it does , cool.

I have resigned myself to the facts  , like egg person above, that my goal was to live longer and for me that was  getting rid of the type 2 diabetes. Gotta say , as of last month, I would have probably already succumbed to type 2 diabetes complications and died. I know I am successful because I don't have those horrible abscesses on my rump that would not heal , now there are only scars. ANd I just despise the fact I may wind up wearring a speedo with a six pack , you never know, and those scars are there on my butt!  To go from wondering if I will be here , to worried about how I will look in a speedo in 6 or 9 months , wow , things change.

I want to be rich and make lot's of money  but right now all I concentrate on is working out and eating right... I am so impatient with myself. I have to stay focused on that goal and what is good for me. Carbs are only in my mind. I don't need them. That way of eating is what added to my pain and suffering. This lifelong battle will be lifelong. I sure do want those six pack , washboard abs , I may never get them , but I am gonna strive for them anyway.

But that surgiversary date is coming up soon and I see folks down to 145 lbs and below . At te Crossfit gym I go to I meet people who are there to gain weight. SO I am sticking with the 165 goal. I can also live with 175 lbs too. That would mean I only have 15 lbs to lose. In my youth in the marine corps I maintained 175 -180. The fittest I was ever in my life. I got sick at my MOS school with bronchitis and couldn't keep anything down because of the hacking cough and went down to 145 lbs. That was the lightest I ever weighed.  I fi stick with the primal diet, paleo some call It , I think I can lose 30 lbs in a month while crossfitting , that would take me down to 160 by june 28 next month. I think my muscle gain has also leveled off. So I will see weight loss , but from all indications I will lean out but be around 175 and 180 with a 32 or 34 waistline by then.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 837 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 710 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 950 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1039 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1068 views