lost nothing for 3 months now

shan06
on 5/10/10 10:21 pm
Hello I haven't been to the site in a while now but I had the RNY done in July of 2009 and I have lost 115lbs but I have lost NOT  1 pound  in abt 3 months now. I just don't understand what is going on I see people are taking like laxatives and doing different things. I was wondering if someone could help me out on how to get the weight to moving again inches or something. I wonder if protein shakes and no food would help???? When I started exercising the weight came to a STOP so I stopped walking too cause I wasn't losing but I am still in the same boat need help on what to do?????
tshabazz1967
on 5/11/10 12:39 am
I do understand Shan I think I was at a stall for about 2 and a half months. Then the scale started moving again. But through that time I did notice that I was losing inches as well. I changed my protein shake and I started getting in more water and that wonderful scale is moving along. Check the sugar in your protein shake and up the water intake and don't stop your exercise. I hope your scale will move again real soon.
caniseetoo
on 5/11/10 1:38 pm - Glenside, PA
I went through a period of three months where I didn't lose anything.  I was eating too many carbs (pretzels and pita chips) and peanuts!  When I cut those things out and made a more conscious effort to get in lots of fluids I started to lose again. 

Check your diet and see where you could be taking in hidden calories and fats.  Keep moving  forward.  You can do it!

JulieTX
on 5/18/10 5:31 am - Whitehouse, TX
 I'm right there with you!  But my body is still changing.  I can wear smaller clothes, shoes and jewelry than I could 2 months ago.

I KNOW some of the things that is slowing me down.  I don't get enough exercise, I don't get enough water, I tend to do too much processed food (SF stuff and protein shakes too!)...I don't think this has totally stopped my weight loss, but I do think it has slowed it.

So I'm going to plain water and less crystal light.  Working to have more real food and less short cut food and exercise must become a higher priority for me if I want to make my goal weight.

But I am also accepting where I am and fret less over what the scales say.  I am healthier!  I can buy regular clothes.  I fit in seats everywhere!  I have a better quality of life... 

If you are not keeping a food journal, I'd encourage you to go back to that and go back to the basics.  Hang in there!  You have done well!!!  

Julie

dgarzila
on 5/20/10 7:40 pm
Yes, get back to the basics. I have added muscle , and I have also cheated every so often with nacho chips , chocolate bars , crackers , etc and even bread at gala events, Once a month for the past 3 months. I have switched back to the basics; high protein and I am trying to stay away from all carbs. I think I have kicked my body back into ketosis , because I have lost aproximatley 10 lbs the past two weeks. So I am staying high protein , lot's of good fats like olive oil and fish oil, etc and no carbs other than vesggies. LEt's see if I can;t reach my goal of 165 lbs by July 28th. I am staying away from all high glycemic indexed foods even grains and legumes.  I am eating lot's of eggs though... boy! Ever since I bought that skillet , I don't need to eat out anymore. Getlot's of spinach too , the organic kind.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 837 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 710 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 950 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1039 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1068 views