gained weight

Joanna S.
on 5/13/10 5:45 pm - Lonaconing, MD
I've gained 7 lbs.  I had a burst of weight loss - 8 lbs.  And then here I am.  7 lbs.  came back.
I've been stressed to the max with trying to graduate and starting a new job.  I haven't been exercising or eating right or taking my vitamins and meds correctly. I'm low on protein.  I even missed my appointment with my surgeon.  (He's 3 hours away and I can't miss any work for the first 3 months) I KNOW what the problem is.  I'm not kidding myself.  I just can't believe it led to 7 lbs back in a matter of 2 weeks time.  UGH!  Graduation is tomorrow.  I'm trying not to get down on myself.  I'm hoping to start again fresh on Sunday morning. 

High354/consult321/pre-op297.6/post-op310.6/current209.2/goal147

You'll never leave where you are until you decide where you'd rather be.

KristeMitchell
on 5/14/10 9:53 am
Congrats on the graduation! I wouldn't worry too much. I know it feels horrible but maybe your burst of weight loss wasn't really a weight loss??? Maybe your scale was broken? Or you mis-read the scale? Or the planets were out of alignment? Losing 8 pounds and then gaining 7 doesn't sound quite right.  You would have to have eaten 25400 extra calories to gain 7 lbs and that sounds highly unlikely. You know things are stressful and you aren't doind exactly waht you should be but i don't think that adds up to a 7 lb weight gain.  Bru**** off as a fluke and move on. Enjoy your day that you have worked so hard for! Take care!!!

georgiapeachinla
on 5/14/10 10:03 am

It could be water weight.. you may be retaining water.. I  gained 4 lbs between 2 days, then I  reviewed my diet, and saw I had a large amount of sodium one day in between the week.. so I backed down of the item that was causing  water weight.. I dropped the 4lbs.. I m sure you will be alright..  do not beat yourself up!! you have to eat over 26,000 calories to get the 7 lbs gain.. I'm sure you havent't eaten that much calories on the small amount we eat.. no worries CONGRATS ON  YOUR SUCCESS!!

"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

robinfrommilw
on 5/14/10 11:29 am - WI
I freak out when I gain 4 lbs this week today I lost a lb but who knows it could go back up tomorrow. I weigh myself daily if I see a gain I work harder in the gym as well. I also log my food in journal as well. Have you try logging on spark people your eating and exercise. So you can see the calorie deficit. It helps alot seeing where we are slipping up. Stress pays alot in weight gain too. Hang on hopefully the scale will move again in the right direction. I am right there with you trying to get that scale to move in the right direction
Robin from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Distal gastric bypass 7/28/09
6 month supervised diet done lost over 50 lbs pre-surgery
My facebook page is:
www.facebook.com/robinfrommilwaukee  (just put that you are from OH in message to add you to my facebook)     
       View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

August 2010 weight 138 lbs lost of 179.5 lbs but gain again since my gallbladder surgery Oct 2010 range recentlly my weight got up to 166 and I was in freak mode. I am now down to 152.6 hoping to get back to 135 and started generic wellbutrin

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 837 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 710 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 950 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1039 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1068 views