me in a 10? really?

thatgirltx
on 5/19/10 1:11 pm
I just can't believe that I can fit into a size 10.  You know, people weren't kidding when they say that it takes a while to adapt to not seeing yourself the same way that you did before. I have lost over 100 pounds, but I still see myself looking the same way.  Then I will try on a pair of pants, but in my mind, I think that there is no way that they will fit because they look so small, and they do fit.  It's kinda cool, but kinda sad at the same time, because I feel like I can't really enjoy the weight loss yet.  I think I need to start coming on here more often, so I can talk to folks that are in the same boat, so to speak.  On the plus side, I am less than 2 pounds away from weighing under 200 pounds for the first time since I was like in the 7th grade.  Crazy, isn't it? I don't have a weight goal in mind, because I think that the one good thing that has come of this is that I am not obsessed with numbers on the scale any more.  Isn't that great?  I never thought that I could say that.  I am more focused on how I feel, and the fact that I have more energy than ever, and that I CAN do all of the things that I wanted to do in the past.  Oh, and I DO look good in a sun dress..haha!

Love you all... thanks for the support!

caniseetoo
on 5/19/10 2:00 pm - Glenside, PA
I'm right there with ya, girlie!  My size 12s are loose on me and I can put on a size 10 but have a little muffin top in some so I am more comfortable staying in the loose 12s for now. 

I really can't believe when I hang my clothes out on the clothes line.  I still remember hanging out those 22/24s and now I hang up pants and don't realize at first that they are MINE!?!  So crazy, right? 

I am still terrified it will all go away!  I fight my food demons (sp?) and struggle  to NOT over eat.  But I remind myself that I am in-process and one slip is NOT an excuse to chuck it all away.

Keep up the good work girlfriend!

thatgirltx
on 5/20/10 11:54 am
It's funny, because the first thing that I thought was that the sizes must have gotten bigger, because there is no way that I could fit into some of the things now that just seemed so small then.  I literally threw away ALL of my old clothes... I don't want to have anything big in my closet, because if my clothes start getting tight, I want to work it off, not just put on the bigger clothes again..ha!

luanne711
on 5/21/10 12:20 am - Bradford, PA
My bedroom is a disaster.  I've got piles and piles of clothes that are way too big on me now and I want to just have a plus size sale.  I think I might advertise something in our pennysaver for just plus size clothes.  I need to hang them up though so folks can browse through them easier.  Busy summer.

I'm now in a 16 and have finally reached 193.  It's been awesome.  Funny how we all weigh so many different things and fit into totally different sizes. 

It's been a great journey so far and not even a year yet.
Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
thatgirltx
on 5/21/10 12:29 am
Luanne, YOU LOOK GREAT!  I remember your older pics when you first got the surgery done. You look like a different person!  Wow!  I am so proud of you!  Now I am really motivated!!!

logansmom243
on 5/22/10 9:20 pm - Acushnet, MA
I am right there with ya babe. I put on a size 11 the day before yesterday and I couldn't be happy. Because when I look down at myself I still see 30/32. Its not fair. I see pics of myself and I'm like who the hell is that. Catching myself in mirrors I don't realize its me until I actually LOOK. When will we feel like the rest of the world sees us? Will we ever? Gosh I hope so. I want to feel like a size 11 because I never ever thought I would be in a size 20 never mind 11 lol.
highest/surgery/current/goal
376 / 326 /226 /138

georgiapeachinla
on 5/26/10 11:19 am
WOW... Thats awesome girlie...
I mean your doing the dag on thing... I still look in the mirrior and see this 380 lbs girl.. when will my brain catch up?? I can wear 13/14.. I was packing to move the other day.. and my daughter who has also lost about 35 lbs... from changing eating habits and running.. I"M SOOO proud of her TOO!!.. she said I inspired her.. TEAR Drops... well she used to be a 13/14  I didnt have to get more pants because I'm  wearing them... HA HA!!.. we'll I gotta go.. and you & july ladies are doing fab!!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

caniseetoo
on 5/26/10 10:51 pm - Glenside, PA
Georgia, that is so awesome about your daughter!  I would be so proud too!  It was very nice of her to do that just so you could have her clothes.  LOL

georgiapeachinla
on 5/27/10 11:44 am, edited 5/27/10 11:44 am
LOL... yeah she just LUV to help her MOMMY... but the bright side I don't have to pay for jeans this winter..LOL... I will be wearning LOW RIDERS..LOL got to get a Skank TAT ..LOL SIKE..
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 834 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 708 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 948 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1038 views
4 Years!