Ladies, I'm in trouble.

caniseetoo
on 5/23/10 11:26 am - Glenside, PA
I am back to my old habit of night time snacking.  Ture it is not the same carb laden foods I used to eat, but the habit is there and I feel it is just a matter of time.  I know it comes down to changing my habits.  Any one have an suggestions? 

KristeMitchell
on 5/23/10 4:54 pm
Me too!  I work from home some nights and that seems to be the worst time for me.  I tend to eat okay foods but I am not hungry and I don't need the calories.  Lately I have just been going to bed early.  Or watching TV in my room away from the kitchen.  I also turn the lights off in there and it seems to help. I feel like a weirdo sulking around the kitchen in the dark... LOL! When I really need something I make some coffee.  Something about a warm cup in my hands and the necessity of slowing down to drink it keeps me occupied for a while.  I know that is still technically putting stuff in my mouth, but oh well. It's all about changing behaviors right.  Making better decisions? My 30 calorie cup of coffee (25 calorie diet hot chocolate and splenda for a faux mocha...) is much better than the other stuff I would be eating, right?  Good luck to you! Awareness is a big step in the right direction!  

caniseetoo
on 5/24/10 1:11 pm - Glenside, PA
Yes Kristie, awareness is a good start I think.  I refused to buy my favorite snacking food at the store the other day so I think that was a good start.  I also resolved to not keep food in my office so it's not easy to munch while I am on the computer.  I also thought I may develop the habit of not eating at all while I'm on the computer.  We shall see.  In any case I know that a behavior change it what it will take to maintain this weight loss so that's what I have to do.  New day, new choice. 

JulieTX
on 5/25/10 2:27 am - Whitehouse, TX
 OMG - do we all share the same brain? LOL  Snacking is hard.  I too have stopped buying things that I can't stay out of..cracker, SF stuff, nuts.  It's a mind game for me.  I have to tell myself I am not hungry..I don't need it.  

Coffee is also an escape for me!  

Hang in there!  My weight loss has just stopped and that has been really hard for me to deal with.  I will NOT turn to food for comfort!

We are here for you!
Julie

caniseetoo
on 5/25/10 1:34 pm - Glenside, PA
You know it's nice to know I'm not alone and your support really does help.  I'm trying to make better choices.  Didn't much as much tonight and had a protein shake instead.  Still calories, though.  I'm going to try gum one of these nights. 

georgiapeachinla
on 5/26/10 11:08 am, edited 5/26/10 11:09 am
I understand... I have the same scenario going on.. instead preventing myself sometimes if I choose to snack I will eat wheat thins with a snack 80 calorie low cal cheese snack.. whole wheat tends to crave my  snack cravings and keeps me full for up to 4 hrs. I also choose to snack on low cal deli meats.. like turkey or chicken breast.. I don't think it is wrong to snack we just cant snack like we use to... (cake, pies, pizza, etc.) if feel like it is not a problem as long as it is not unmindful snacking meaning emotional, or just to do it from repro... if that is the case.. I go to the gym, walk a mile or two, read a book to occupy my time,or drink some water.. also if you drink water for 20 min straight sometimes between meals your body will cease the hungry pains.. it sometimes doesn't know the difference form hunger & thirst.. you are doing awesome girlie!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

thatgirltx
on 6/11/10 10:58 am
I have a kroger carbmasters yogurt for my late night snack almost every night.  80 calories, only 4 carbs and 12 g of protien... not bad!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 834 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 708 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 948 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1038 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1066 views