"scars" from my disease

JulieTX
on 5/26/10 1:06 am - Whitehouse, TX
 I'm always looking to positive things to hang onto...  Attitude can be as much a mind game as reality, so I had a random thought this morning as I was getting dress - you know, that dreaded sight of yourself in the mirror!  LOL :)

What if I think of the excess skin, bat wings and stretch mark as scars from my disease of obesity.  May people carry scars from accidents and disease and some with pride that they survived the journey. While I don't think any amount of positive thinking will get me to the point I'm PROUD of my bat wing arms, I can bring myself to a point I'm less hard on myself.

Obesity is a serious disease that would have eventually taken many of our lives and also shortened them and reduced the quality of our lives.  We are winning the battle of that disease!

I wanted to share hoping it will help me and others as our focus about ourselves and self esteem changes from our size to other flaws on our bodies.

It truly is a journey..of a lifetime!

Julie

thatgirltx
on 6/11/10 11:01 am
Thank you for your post... I needed to read something like that right about now :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 834 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 708 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 948 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1038 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1066 views