July 28 2009 RNY

robinfrommilw
on 7/26/10 9:45 am - WI
went to see my surgeon today who did my rny last July 28th. I weigh in at 140.5 today. I have lost 177 lbs and my bmi is at 23 percent. He also said that I gain muscle mass. Usually many lose muscle mass in such a big weight loss. He said that I gain like 7 lbs in muscle mass. That what ever I am doing is building muscle. I am not losing any muscle mass at all :) Many people tell me that I am over doing it with exercise and that I would lose muscle mass. Well seems that they are wrong and now I have added 7 lbs of muscle mass to my body. And dont' remember the fat percentage but he said it is very low. He ask me if I regretted my surgery. Told him absolutely not. I told him I am at the gym 7 days a week. I work hard to get where I am today. Without the surgery I wouldnt' of gotten here.

He is very pleased with my results and told me the only way insurance will pay for breast and a tummy tuck if I get any rashes or yeast infections on them and use a cream then it can be done. So far I haven't had any. We also talk about my ...varicose veins. He does them but only the stripping and cutting out the bad veins. He told me he would do them in the fall or winter when I am less active as it requires time off from the gym. But he also told me to check into laser clinics as that is less avasive. I have been wearing the support stockings since spring so have to wear them for 6 months before they will pay for it too. so I going to check into the laser and see if I can get it done after my 5 mile run for childhood obesity. Once I get that out of the way I can slow down on my aggressive workouts. I am trying to get my endurance up to make the 5 miles.

He said my body fat has gone dramatically too. Hooray. There isn't much body fat left. Just some hanging skin but not as bad due to I do strength training 3 times a week. Today I did walk/run 13 laps, 200 crunches, 100 push ups on the ball, cr...ossramp for 65 min, walk/run 13 laps, crunches 200 on ball, walk/run 13 laps. then went shopping. So I had a busy day with dr appt, then workout then to the store. Finaly got home after 1 this afternoon. I didnt' get in a long workout like I did yesterday. Yesterday I got 4 miles today I got only 3 miles on the track. We will see what happens tomorrow. I know weight training for sure. I believe there is a step class and power flex class so I may do both of them as well plus my walk/run on the track and maybe a cardio machine see how much energy I have tomorrow.
Robin from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Distal gastric bypass 7/28/09
6 month supervised diet done lost over 50 lbs pre-surgery
My facebook page is:
www.facebook.com/robinfrommilwaukee  (just put that you are from OH in message to add you to my facebook)     
       View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

August 2010 weight 138 lbs lost of 179.5 lbs but gain again since my gallbladder surgery Oct 2010 range recentlly my weight got up to 166 and I was in freak mode. I am now down to 152.6 hoping to get back to 135 and started generic wellbutrin

Keldriv
on 7/26/10 10:09 am - Fair Play, SC
U look awsome. Congrats.
                                   Married Mother of 3 Likeing the New Me!!
Highest Weight 384, Pre-surgery weight 313, Current Weight @144, Goal Weight 150, Ideal Weight
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
"Be not anxious for what you shall eat, or what you shall drink ... or what you shall wear ... Isn't life more than food? ... and the body more than clothing?"~ Luke 12:22; 29
Kelly    
2_be_me_again
on 7/29/10 9:59 am
What great progress Robin!  Can't wait to see your GOAL post very soon...

Hugs and kisses,
Brandi
AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 837 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 710 views