Natural Bridge Caverns checked off my list!

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/10 2:02 am

I did it!  Oh yes!!!  I wanted to chicken out so bad that I was actually trying to downplay the caverns to my girls.  But once I got there, I was like "Let's do it!"  And I'm so glad I did!

Going down wasn't hard, but it was slippery so I had to be careful.  Coming back up was not terrible but my heartrate did rise and I was breathing heavier.  But it wasn't impossible.  Wahoo!!! 

It was 180 ft. deep.

My girls are ready to go back!

I'm going to post a picture so go check it out.

JEllen
on 8/2/10 10:37 pm - Capital Region, NY
Sounds like great fun on a HOT SUMMER DAY!

Glad you had a wonderful time! 

At some point I would love to see Carlsbad Caverns.  Near where I am we have Howe's Cavern.  It is small compared to Natural Bridge and Carlsbad....but... the boat ride down in the cave is nice...

and it IS a great place to get away from that summer HEAT! 

Laura_Illinois
on 8/9/10 1:23 pm - Morris, IL
I know how you feel. I just took my 19 year old daughter on a spur of the moment vacation to the Upper Penninsula of Michigan before she leaves for college in 2 weeks.  We went to Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore in Munising, MI. It is located very far north on Lake Superior. It was beautiful. I was able to hike and climb up and down the stairs to view the numerous waterfalls in the park.

I never would have been able to do that a year ago. Maybe we just need to find natural outdoor activities to do for our exercise. It didn't seem like exercise at all and I dropped 11 lbs. Unbelievable!

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 834 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 708 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 948 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1038 views
4 Years!