Upset with myself!

bryden1401
on 8/11/10 6:57 am
So over the summer I moved across the country. My husband medically retired from the Army so we moved home. For some reason I have begun to eat JUNK, popcorn , granola bars, baked chips and such. I of course have hit my one year mark  I have lost 146 pounds gone from a size 26/28 to a 12/14 but still I am not happy. I was praying hard to get to 165 so I mean i only have 11-16 pounds to go I fluctuare between 177-183 to me a big range. 
Here is the kicker I was going to the gym 5 days a week where we lived before, here the gym is 30 mins away and I don't have the extra money for it anyway. My WII isn't hooked up because were lving with in laws until our house gets finished. I don't know what to do  I know part of me is eating because there isn't anything else to do I have nothing to do not my house so cannot clean. I am trying to start walking in the evening because it is like 100 during the day. Other than that and taking in more protein I am not sure what to do.
*SIGH* I should be happy becasue I am slimmer and healthier so why am I not?
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

ChiSue
on 8/13/10 12:39 pm - Chicago, IL
RNY on 07/13/09 with
Lots of views but no replies yet.... I think you know exactly what you should be doing, so the hard part is going to be figuring out how to re-apply the principles that make the most of your tool in your new environment!

I think we have all been or will be faced with the same predicament - we've had a year or so to figure out what works, but now life intervenes and we find ourselves jarred out of the comfort zones that we've built.  It sounds like you have time, so hopefully you can use it to work on a plan - one that includes what to eat, how you're going to move, and most importantly how to change your thinking! You've had a huge shift in your life and it's going to take time to tackle everything that comes with that - hopefully the momentum of what you've accomplished in the last year will will help you rise to the challenge!

For me what really resonates is your last line - "I should be happy because I'm slimmer and healthier".  Even though I'm happy with my progress I still have days when I'm not happy with myself, and those are usually the days where I have made poor choices. What makes me happiest is when I make the choices that are BEST for me - what I eat, when I exercise, when I challenge myself to try something new because I have more confidence ... Do I do those things all the time? Nope, of course not!  But when I do I build a momentum that keeps me pulling through past the days when I don't.

The way I see it - once you tackle how to fit the new you into your new environment and successfully work that tool - that's an accomplishment even more amazing than what you've done so far!  Good luck - and keep us posted!
Laura_Illinois
on 8/13/10 10:34 pm - Morris, IL
Great advice ChiSue.

We all struggle to maintain those WLS principles. Allowing a small "taste" a forbidden treat is one way of not feeling so deprived. I'm always proud of myself for passing up the "free samples" of cake, etc. when I shopping at the grocery store. I look at it as a small victory everytime I pass up an old favorite food of mine and give myself and invisible pat on the back. I can't believe how much I've changed when I choose what I put in my mouth now. I feel so better when I eat well and take my vitamins.

Didn't someone say, "You're half way cured/home once you realize you have a problem . . ."

Keep posting, it helps. Good Luck

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

sexyshoediva
on 8/14/10 2:25 am - OH
First i want to send you a big hug.  You are going through a lot right now.  Change is hard.  You said you moved back home, are there any old friends you can get reacquainted with?  We all seem to be at that stage with the food and the fluctuating weight.  My nutritionist suggested that I start keeping a food journal again.  Also I was thinking, why not hook up the wii, the in-laws might love it!  Anyway, just wanted to say you are supported and loved here.  Keep us informed.
Smooches
bryden1401
on 8/15/10 10:08 pm
Thanks guys, I made up my mind I am going to start walking again even if it is only 2-3 times a week right now that is better than none. And I am not buying any more junk if it isn't here I will not eat instead I will buy fruits and veggies to fill that hole. I love apples so that will start being my sweet treat again.
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 834 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 708 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 948 views