Somebody post something. We're slowing down.

Laura_Illinois
on 8/20/10 2:09 am, edited 8/20/10 2:28 am - Morris, IL
Just noticed posts are slowing down. How's everybody doing? I just moved my daughter into her dorm room at Western Illinois University. OMG! What a work out! It's hard being a single mom moving a "drama queen" daughter into 11th floor of a dorm. Thank God, we were first in. I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't lost all this weight. It would of been almost impossible to rearrange all the stack-able oak furniture in her room at least 5x. (I lost 5 lbs. doing it!) LOL

I have not weighed 177 lbs. since 1985. Wow. Hard to wrap my brain around, but enjoyable.

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

georgiapeachinla
on 8/20/10 2:35 am, edited 8/20/10 2:36 am
Congrats on your weight-loss Laura...
I know I'm gulity for not posting just trying to get settled..I can't wait till my daughter get's into college...she's driving me WACKO..LOL.. two women in one house on some cases.. both of us PMS'...LOL.. I know how you feel about the single parent part.. it's harder... that was my inspiration for getting surgery... I have to live for her.. if no one else.. But she starts next Wednesday day at her new school Naperville North High School.. FRESHMAN... kinda scared but I believe ever thing I taught her..will lead her down the right road... Just can't believe I don't have a little girl anymore... but I started my walking regimen again 4 days a week I have 2 more lbs...WOOO HOOO!!... now I can keep up with my daughter.. when she goes to dances, and first dates... if i was 380lbs that would have never have happened.. and almost all of my offices in Chicago have two to three flights of stairs.. in which I carry a computer with a printer.. CRAZY..LOL
take care Laura!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

(deactivated member)
on 8/20/10 1:14 pm
You are not old enough to have a freshman!!!   Well, maybe you are, but you don't look it.  That's a good thing!
georgiapeachinla
on 8/21/10 12:38 am
AWW... shucks... making me blush... yeah I have one... DRIVING ME CRAZY..LOL!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

(deactivated member)
on 8/20/10 1:13 pm
This was my first week back at school.  Lots of meetings and staff development.  Got many compliments and I loved all of them!  I know they will slow down soon, but I'll take as many as I can get right now.

"Drama Queen"  Love it!!!  I got 2 little drama queens myself...8 and 9 going on 18 and 19.  

WTG on moving your daughter into her dorm room!  I remember when I first went off to college.  I packed everything in my car and went by myself.  I was trying to be independent but looking back on it, I sooo wish my parents had been there to help me move in.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 837 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 710 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 949 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1038 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1067 views