Oks. Georgia Peach... I need your help!!

thatgirltx
on 9/1/10 12:09 pm
Alright, so I have pretty much lost nothing in the last two months. I am 16.6 pounds away from my goal weight and this is my first real plateau.  What suggestions do you have for me?  I need to get there... I can feel it!  I want to hit my goal so badly!  I have lost about 3 pounds in the last two months.  UGH. Any ideas???

georgiapeachinla
on 9/5/10 10:36 am, edited 9/7/10 1:44 am

HEY girlie..
I know how ya feel for the last three nothing then BOOM... You know what i did iwent back to basic protein shake morning, two hard boiled eggs mid day, WATER over 64 ozs,then two cheese sticks, dinner,4oz baked chicken, 2oz veggies, I made sure I exercise at least 4 days per week 30mins.. IT WORKED.. just go to go back to the basics I got lost for a while too.. and I'm here any time you need me!! Hey we have almost the same surgery date 10 days difference...WE WILL ROCK THIS JOINT!! LOL

"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

AshleyDillo
on 9/10/10 1:05 am - Tallahassee, FL

I got the scale moving again by pushing water.

First thing in the morning I had to drink a bottle of water (16 or 20oz) before I could eat anything.  Kept my meals/snacks to 100-200 calories.  Waited 30 mins after eating before doing another bottle of water.  I wouldn't allow myself to eat until I had finished the water.  If I didn't feel hungry 30 mins after eating, I'd wait until I started to feel hungry before drinking the water.  I learned even on my pre-op diet that drinking after eating pushed the food through quicker and made me hungry sooner.  I don't wait 30 minutes after drinking to eat--I figure the water passes through my stoma quick enough and it also makes me feel more satiated on a 100-200 calorie meal/snack.

I also try to stick to foods that have at least 1g of protein for every 10cals.  This leaves a lot less room for the calories to come from fat or carbs.  I'm working on making a list of the foods that fit this ratio to share with everyone.

But to be honest, drinking the water like that dropped the weight even with my eating poorly.  I did it for about 2 weeks before my last surgeon appointment and I was surpised to weigh in there at my lowest weight ever.  It is water weight for sure, though, because I can bounce up 10lbs in a single day depending on when I weigh myself!

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 837 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 710 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 949 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1038 views