I'm getting a little nervous. Can you add me in your prayers?

Laura_Illinois
on 11/30/10 8:44 am, edited 12/1/10 7:49 am - Morris, IL
Hi everyone. I'm scheduled for a lot of surgery next Thursday, Dec. 9th. Most of it good, but I know I'm going to be really sore for a while. My hair is probably going to fall out again too. I guess anesthesia does it to you too.

Next Thursday I'm going to have my (large) incisional hernia repaired. It looks like an alien is going to pop out of my stomach, really! It's large and noticeable even with clothes on. I'll be glad to get it taken care of once and for all. I'm also having a tummy tuck, a lower body lift and a breast augmentation. My boobs have gone by the wayside. I have no breast mass left at all. The plastic surgeon said I couldn't just get a breast lift, I had to have implants. I never thought I'd ever have implants. I'm really a "natural" girl at heart, but I figure I'm single (divorced 5 years now) and I still have another good 20 years ahead of me. I'd also like my clothes to fit well after going through all this gastric bypass business. I'm scared, but very hopeful about everything. I recently returned to the Catholic church too, so if you could keep me in your prayers or mention me at least once to the big Guy, I'd appreciate. Thanks ahead of time. ; )

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

IRAYD8U
on 11/30/10 6:38 pm - MONTICELLO, MN
I will be thinking of you and wishing for the best outcome possible!  You have done fabulous with your WL!  You must be super excited to finalize the whole process!  I'm sure you will LOVE the new you!  I'm interersted in seeing how much more weight you lose after they remove all the excess skin you must have!  Keep us posted!  One more day to the even more NEW and IMPROVED YOU!
                    HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
Laura_Illinois
on 12/1/10 8:06 am - Morris, IL
Thanks for the kind thoughts. I must really be nervous, I wrote down the wrong surgery date. It is going to be on December 9th! Not today. duh, double duh. It's OK for you to keep praying though. I think my biggest worry is I have pets, a dog, a cat and 2 parrots. One of the parrots is an African Grey and they make a big mess with their dander. I'm hoping that I heal up OK at home and don't get any infections. I'm going to be cleaning like a mad women this weekend and vacuuming out the air ducts.

I healed up OK after my open gastric bypass though, it's just that I'm going to be sliced and diced up a lot more after this next surgery.

georgiapeachinla
on 12/3/10 9:55 pm

My God keep my friend, keep her safe healthy & congrats on all her goals she has achieved... GOD BLESS.. it's already done... MUCH LUV LISA  i will keep you in my prayers.. also pray for me as I  too will be having  surgery as early as Feb next year..

"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

Laura_Illinois
on 12/3/10 10:25 pm, edited 12/3/10 10:27 pm - Morris, IL
Hi Lisa! You got it Sista. I'm praying for you too! (I already have been) How'd you like our first snow fall. What does a Southern Californian girl think about it?

georgiapeachinla
on 12/4/10 12:09 am
 Thanks Laura.. so far the snow is beautiful.. we will see how long this attitude about SNOW will change though... take care...
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

Laura_Illinois
on 12/4/10 1:32 am - Morris, IL
Glad to hear you're enjoying the snow. Are you on facebook?

georgiapeachinla
on 12/4/10 2:09 am
Yeah it's under my name.. it may be hard to fine there's a lot of  LISA's LOL.. give me your user name on FACEBOOK I will find you..
Lisa 

Laura_Illinois
on 12/4/10 6:50 am - Morris, IL
I'll send you a private message from OH.

2_be_me_again
on 12/15/10 2:23 am
Hello Sunshine...

I'm late... but hoping everything went according to plan!

Hugs and kisses and Happy Holidays to you!

B
AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 834 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 708 views
Still trucking along