2 year Surgiversary (Pics!!!)

Lauren D.
on 7/19/11 2:10 pm - Lorain, OH
It's my 2 year surgiversary!!!!!! I'm so proud of myself. I still have no idea what I look like until I see myself in a photo. It's a very strange thing--my brain has not caught up yet.

Sorry I have not been online in a long time. I have a chronic pain syndrome called Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy or RSD. This syndrome belongs to a class of chronic pain called Neuropathic Pain, meaning pain attributable to pathology of nerves. More recently this syndrome has been referred to as a Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. This syndrome is a chronic, painful, debilitating neurological condition. If anyone's ever had nerve pain--multiply that by 20,000,000,000. Ugh. Awful pain.

And it sucks. But I'm chugging along! As we all are! 
 I'm on a ton of medications, on top of all of my supplements, and can't exercise because I'd fall quite often if I were without my cane (or someone beside me).  The nerves in my foot just don't fire a message to the muscle to work, so my foot just flops out.
Oh, well. We all have our stories, don't we?  
I'm on a lot of narcotic chronic pain medication, too, which I hate, but simply cannot live without.  I've tried-- and I'd rather be smothered with a pillow. The pain is intense. 

Sooooooooo, all of this weight loss has been accomplished just with strict bariatric diet, and the exercise I endured at physical therapy.
Since my husband got laid off on New Year's Eve (Happy New Year, right!?!?) we lost our insurance.  I am permanently disabled, so my Medicare starts Sept. 1st and the FIRST thing I am doing is going to physical therapy!!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait to get moving, break a little sweat, even if it's the slightest bit.                  
Hope all of my July buddies are doing well. I have to remember to drink more protein shakes. We moved in with my parents (thank God for them, and Oh God, all at once) soooo I kind of got out of my routine.  I need the shakes, I know I do.  I will have one tomorrow for pre-breakfast to take my meds with. That's a start!
I wanna see YOUR update photos, 7/09'ers!!!!!!! We're bonded for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Love, 
Lauren xoxoxo

I am simply blown away by these photos. That's ME!!!!!

JULY 2009                                                               JULY 2011
       I count protein, fluid ounces, and my blessings everyday. 

KristeMitchell
on 8/1/11 9:57 am
You look fantasti****ep up the great work. I really admire your strength! Hang in there!

luanne711
on 8/21/11 4:52 am - Bradford, PA
I agree - you look fabulous  :)
Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 829 views
weight gain