299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

JEllen
on 4/6/12 1:55 pm - Capital Region, NY
Topic: RE: Checking in...(PICS!!)
Lauren...
You LOOK marvelous! 

and while our "looks" have changed...
              and that is a wonderful thing... being able to SHOP anywhere...

It really is ABOUT...

OUR HEALTH!!! 

Keep up the good work!

JEllen
on 4/6/12 1:51 pm - Capital Region, NY
Topic: RE: Hello....
Exactly! as for snacks.... I've sort of become addicted to Miss Merengue ... merengue cookies... I tried the Meyer Lemon flavor and emptied the container in 4 days. Also like the chocolate ones. IF... I would just STOP going back for more... they really aren't a bad snack... (like so many things.... )

IT IS PORTION CONTROL PEOPLE!!!! 

ah, i long for the early days post surgery when 3 sea scallops...
looked like way to much to eat in one sitting...

time now to buckle down and smarten up!  

Lauren D.
on 4/6/12 8:36 am - Lorain, OH
Topic: RE: Hello....
 OMG, is it ever a battle. Especially with all of these jelly beans, etc. around. Temptation rears its ugly head to me every single day, at least 20 times. Keep fighting the good fight, and congrats on getting back to the gym. It's not easy by any means, but you're right-- it's a tool, it's a tool, it's a tool. Soooooooooooo NOT "the easy way out", by any means, right?!!?!? Sometimes it is just very, very hard. 

Just keep on keepin'on!
Lauren

I count protein, fluid ounces, and my blessings everyday. 

Lauren D.
on 4/6/12 7:26 am - Lorain, OH
Topic: Checking in...(PICS!!)
 Hi everyone! I am doing so well and hope all of you are, too!!! I am enjoying life! This was the best thing I have ever done for myself. I am able to do yoga. I am able to walk into any store and shop. I am able to blush when guys check me out. It's an amazing feeling, and I tell anyone on the fence.....DO IT FOR YOURSELF. I don't think they will regret it.  I did EVERYTHING my doctor and nutritionist told me, and I am down 110+ lbs. Maintainence is HARD, isn't it?? Oh my Lord. I just remember where I came from... and the GOOD LORD knows I don't want to be back there!! ~ LAUREN ~

JULY 2009                                                          APRIL 2012

I count protein, fluid ounces, and my blessings everyday. 

JEllen
on 4/4/12 1:15 pm - Capital Region, NY
Topic: Hello....
Hi Everyone...

Long lost JEllen checking in.

year 2 is rapidly coming to a close, I've had some regain issues, but am currently looking to rejoin a GYM... one that has HOURS that accomodates my busy life!

I MISS GOING TO THE GYM!
  I am determined to get back down to goal weight before JULY!  shouldn't be too much of a problem...

I knew this wasn't a "quick fix" ... just a tool... so trying to use it properly... the battle .. against the old bad habits continues... (with much greater control)

BE well...

JELLEN

really gotta change that pic....

JEllen
on 4/4/12 1:02 pm - Capital Region, NY
Topic: RE: Apperently we all have lives now!
oops... don't know why that posted in wrong place chronologically... sorry.
JEllen
on 4/4/12 12:59 pm - Capital Region, NY
Topic: RE: Apperently we all have lives now!
Ha! I did laugh out loud when I saw your topic!
YES we have lives now... busy busy lives...

I've done a few 5K's... (walking)

I did a HALF-MARATHON with my friends... our last names spell.. W.A.L.K. (which we did) we finished and NOT LAST! which is great for a group of 50somethings getting in shape....

but... after that work, my gym had rotten hours... stopped going... have started to gain a bit.

TIME to get back on track!

In the process of searching for a new gym that fits my life.

hope everyone is perservering... and moving forward as we turn 3 soon!  woo hoo...

congrats to US!

JELLEN

georgiapeachinla
on 3/28/12 3:37 pm
luanne711
on 3/1/12 11:59 pm - Bradford, PA
Topic: RE: Three years and loving life!!!
 congratulations on your TT  - I'm lucky in that I don't think I really need one.   Heading home today from hospital hopefully, after having gone through surgery to repair an internal hernia.   When I got weighed the other day, I was at 157 and lowest was at about 134 I believe, but that was after being not able to eat for a few days a year ago.  I'm comfortable (for the most part)  my 8's are getting snug on me.  :-)    It's all good and I still weigh myself every day.
Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 834 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 708 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 948 views