5 years out, what to do??

dizniemom
on 7/7/08 9:58 am - South Jordan, UT
It's been a while since I have been on here. Next month I will have the 5 year anniversary of my RNY. I lost about 115 pounds and have since gained about 30 pounds or so back. I am still happy that I am no where near what I was before, but I am starting to get depressed again. I look fine form the waist up, but the remaining wait has weighted itself to my hips, thighs, and knees. My thighs are the worst. How do you loose fat from the thigh/knee area? I hate shopping for clothes again, and get very depressed when I go shopping. I drink my water like theres no tomorrow, and I do ok with my eating, sometimes I overeat and I still feel it, and I do dump occasionally. I think my stomach has stretched out again. See I play volleyball once a week and play softball once a week, not sissy games either, very competetive. I need a jump start to get motivated again. I would rather play sports than go to the gym. Please help!!! Any encouraging words are helpful!
aokerlund
on 7/8/08 9:36 am - San Pedro, CA
Hi Suzi! I know exactly how you feel! I'm coming up on my 5 year anniversary and have gained about 40 lbs back of the 165 I originally lost. I had switched back to a desk job the last year, and I now have a monster commute (1.5 hours each way), so I would work, go home, eat dinner, and go to bed. About 2 weeks ago, I made an effort to get on the treadmill for 30 mins 5 days a week. I'm down 10 lbs already! Just by drinking more water and getting my legs moving the weight started falling off! I would recommend concentrating on eating protien again, drinking your water and get moving daily for 30 mins. That worked for me, and I've got my mojo back! Hang in there, just think of all the weight you've managed to KEEP OFF all this time, and how little ways you have to get back to where you were!
Most Active
Recent Topics
I had my surgery in 2003
lacrimablu · 0 replies · 894 views
Question Please?
jacreasy · 1 replies · 777 views
Weight Gain Off track
DROBY · 3 replies · 1028 views
low red blood cells and iron
MTITTLE · 2 replies · 796 views