aug 14th and I'm scared to death!!!

nancy G.
on 6/22/03 5:07 am - Crawfordsville, IN
Hi, My name is Nancy Garrett and I am 42 years old. I was scheduled to have the surgery in 2000 and at the very last minute "chickened out". But here I am again because I am still fat and miserable. I would love to have a few email pals or someone to correspond with who is waitiing or has gone through what I am going through. My 150 pound husband tries to make me feel better but fails miserably. He'll say "oh Nancy, you're not fat!" I'm like what are you then blind!" He just cant relate and he is always talking down about the surgery. I think he wants to keep me this way so I dont leave him. Well if I stay this way I'll be dead soon. So are there any other scared unhappy fat people out there who are brave enough to talk to me? LOL Probably scared everyone off. Good luck and good day to all *****ad this. Leave me a message or email me!!!! Sincerely, Nancy Garrett [email protected]
Melissa T.
on 6/22/03 6:34 am - Rogers, AR
Hi Nancy. I am scared too. I have wls on Aug. 15th & keep going back & forth on is this the right thing to do. I just turned 32......divorced with 2 kids & so want to be healthy & feel better about myself. My ex-husband was like yours---I think he liked it that I was overweight. I almost had surgery before the divorce but he talked me out of it saying he was worried about the risks. I am doing it for ME......have days where I am scared & days that I wi**** was tomorrow!! Guess that is to be expected. I hope all goes well for you..... Melissa
Haillie R.
on 6/22/03 10:54 pm - Bayamon, PR
Hi Nancy!!!!!Don't chicken out!!!!!!!! Full steam ahead, baby!!!!!!!!!!! Never look back, specially when is for your well being and fabulous looks. Honey, when things get tough, only the brave ones keep going and I know deep down inside you are a fighter. Look into yourself and find the beauty you have inside!!!! Without it, nothing's worth.... I'm scared too, ****less!!!!!! But this opportunities are once in a lifetime, in your case it came twice, sooooo my friend,, you have my support COMPLETELY!!!! Close your eyes and put every single drop of fear, the surgery, the doctor everything in God's hands,, you'll see it will end just perfect.
patricia M.
on 6/23/03 10:23 am - slaughters, ky
hi, Nancy my name is Patricia and my Surgery is Aug-12. right now i am sooooo excited about this surgery, i am looking forward to a new life and getting back in to a smaller size and just being able to breathe normally again. but i figure the closer Aug-12 gets here the anxiety will really kick in, i think that,s normal. you really need your husband,s support but don,t let him talk you out of it or discourage you if this is what (YOU) want. apparently he dosen,t know what it,s like to be heavy. you are doing this for yourself. i will pray that (GOD) will calm your nerves and give you "peace" about your decision to have this done. i really feel like everything will go just fine for you and you will be so glad you did it. i wish you all the best and i pray that you have a speedy recovery. God bless and take care.
Melissa T.
on 6/26/03 5:53 am - Rogers, AR
Hi Nancy. I live in Arkansas (NW). Hoping to find someone that has the same day or close in my area. I hope to have a Lap RNY....I will find out when I see the doctor the day before surgery. I guess what scares me the most is if he will be able to do it Lap. I do not want an open..........I had an abdominal hysterectomy & was youner (25) & bounced back pretty quickly but just want it done lap. I have the days where I am so excited that I send emails to my sister & friends counting down the days & then there are days where I think I should be able to do it on my own. I know I can't & need help but it is scary! I have 2 close friends that worry about me going through with it & I know they want what is best for me but I want them to be OK with me doing it. I wonder if it is bad for me to take such extreme measures with 2 small children at home. I am a single mother & want to be around for a long time! I guess it is just my nerves. I pray & hope God will guide me in the right direction. My sister is my rock.....she is so beautiful---skinny too. She will be there with me & is the best support person I can ask for. I wish you the best of luck! You will be on the losing side the day before me........see you there!
Jacqueline N.
on 7/3/03 1:16 pm - Pulaski, WI
Hi Nancy, My name is Jackie and my surgery is Aug 4th and I can't wait and I am scared tooo. But need to do this for me and yet some for my girls cuz I want to be here for a long time. If you would like to chat more Please Email me at [email protected] thanks and god bless and good luck with you and yours, Jackie
Most Active
Recent Topics
I had my surgery in 2003
lacrimablu · 0 replies · 894 views
Question Please?
jacreasy · 1 replies · 778 views
Weight Gain Off track
DROBY · 3 replies · 1030 views
low red blood cells and iron
MTITTLE · 2 replies · 796 views