My hair loss is bumming me out!

Marika M.
on 12/4/03 1:25 am - Winter Haven, FL
I had lap RNY 8/12/03 and got rid of 70 lbs so far. My surgeon and dietician say that I am doing great. Now that I finally have my energy back, I feel great too! But my hair is thinning. Everytime I take a shower, a clump of hair is in the drain. Due to heridity, I was a little thin on top anyway, but now it's worse! Help!!! Any advise. I get enuf protein daily, but I alos take my monthly B-12 shot. Vitamins and calcium are hard to get in every day, I'm working on it. Please give me some encouragement. Thanks!
Geraldine B.
on 12/4/03 7:52 am - Columbus, GA
Hey Marika, I would increase your b-12 shots. I try to get one a week or every 2 weeks and I havent lost any hair yet. Also, take a good multivitamin such as Flintstone chewables, ppl laugh, but they work well LOL. Take care and good luck
Jerry P.
on 12/5/03 11:07 am
Marika - It will slow down and eventually stop.. it is just part of the process...any time you go under anethesia you will have some hair loss..that coupled with our surgery makes it a double whammy.. I have heard when it does come back it is thicker than ever..so hang in there.. it is just temporary.
jcooper
on 12/20/03 9:27 am - Mobile, AL
I can sympathize. I'm down 125 lbs and my energy is up and I feel great. But I'm starting to get thin on the top as well. I know allot of people who have had this surgery and they all tell me it will come back. I've trusted them so far and I haven't been diappointed with the results.
Maryjean
on 1/19/04 9:36 pm - Ashtabula, OH
Try using Nioxin - you'll need to get the shampoo, conditioner and treatment that is best suited for your hair type. JC Penney's carries this, but cheaper if you know a beautician who can get it cheaper at the beauty supply shop. Use it everyday, and within 2 weeks you will notice the difference!!! Good Luck. Maryjean Open RNY 244/164
Kathy-Jean T.
on 1/29/04 2:39 pm - Fort Pierce, FL
Hi,I too am having the same problem,,I have started taking a botein supplement in addition to the liquid multivitiams as well as a liquid Coral Calcium. Cross our fingers,,,lol I'm also a hair dresser and the Nioxen is a GREAT product too,,,I have been trying to get 60 grams of protein a day but apparently I need a little more...So I'm trying to up the protein to 70-80 grams a day,,its hard to do..
Most Active
Recent Topics
I had my surgery in 2003
lacrimablu · 0 replies · 900 views
Question Please?
jacreasy · 1 replies · 783 views
Weight Gain Off track
DROBY · 3 replies · 1036 views
low red blood cells and iron
MTITTLE · 2 replies · 800 views