Hello Everyone

Marilyn B.
on 2/26/04 10:12 am - Medway, MA
I just found this forum this evening and am glad I did. I had my by pass surgery on August 4, 2004. I will be 7 months post op on March 4 2004 and seem to have hit a major plateau these past few weeks after losing 60 #'s . And, oh yes, those cravings !! The cravings started about 2-3 weeks ago.. more for things like crackers & tortilla chips. I guess from what I've read this evening I'm not that unusual. I have another 40-50 #'s to lose. Do any of you have any thoughts on breaking the plateau ?
DROBY
on 2/26/04 12:23 pm - TN
Welcome and congrats on your weight loss.. I am too on yet another plateau... The last one I was on I upped my protein and drop a few lbs that way and now I am stuck again.. But my doc told me at my 6 month check up I had meet his goal for me.. My goal is another 30 lbs away.. I know I am taking in to many carbs it is so hard to stop once you start. I hope you find out how to break it fast. Best wish's DonnaR 225-165sh-135sh
1800Bev
on 2/29/04 7:41 am - Somewhere, CA
Ya know, I get irritated when my loss gets stuck for a couple of weeks and I forget that I'm going to loose slower now that I'm 6 months post op. I do drastic stuff to break plateaus that last longer than 2 weeks, like change what I'm eating, liquids only for a day and I also change my exercise routine to keep my body guessing.
tina0226
on 2/29/04 10:09 am - Greenwood, IN
One thing that I try to remember is that when you work out you are gaining muscle and loosing fat ... muscle weighs more then fat. If your clothes are getting bigger you are probably losing inches rather then pounds. You are doing great!
Most Active
Recent Topics
I had my surgery in 2003
lacrimablu · 0 replies · 900 views
Question Please?
jacreasy · 1 replies · 783 views
Weight Gain Off track
DROBY · 3 replies · 1036 views
low red blood cells and iron
MTITTLE · 2 replies · 800 views