7 month post op questions

debbiew69
on 3/21/04 3:33 am - wonder lake, IL
hi all you august post ops. i was just wondering how everyone is doing. what was your start weight and how much have you lost? how much can you guys eat and a sitting? sometimes i think i eat to much and other times not enought. can get confusing at times, i had my surgery 8/4/03 i was 303 to start now im 205 woooo hoooo . the weight loss has slowed down alot now i was ready for this to happen really wanted to hit that 100 pound mark first know what i mean.
lorismith
on 3/21/04 6:12 am - Indian River, MI
Hello Debbie.. Congrats on the -98lbs!!! You are doing great. I had surgery 8-1-03 and I am down to 178lbs from a starting weight of 289. I agree that sometimes i feel that i can eat too much, then other times a couple bits and i am full. I have read and was told by my surgeon that 1 cup at a sitting is not unusual. It depends on what you are eating. Remember once you chew it up nice and tiny, it takes up less space. Sometimes i wish for the 1/4 cup days. I agree that this is so confusing at time. I cant wait to see what other people post. Ohh as a reference, i can eat a subway wrap. I dont always eat all the wrap, but i am able to eat the insides. I normally order roastbeef, swisss, lettuce, etc. I am finding that most foods work now as long as I chew them well. Anybody else finding that also? Good question Debbie, Thanks! Lori
debbiew69
on 3/21/04 7:06 am - wonder lake, IL
wow!!!!!!!! 178 pounds that is soooooooooooooooooooooo great congrats!!!!!!!!! wish i have lost that much. whats your secret lol lol lol
lorismith
on 3/21/04 8:43 am - Indian River, MI
Thank you.. sick all the time.. that was the key...lol Food didnt work well for me for a long time. My weight loss has also slowed down a ton. I only lost 6 pounds between month 6 and 7. This month I have only lost 4 lbs. I only seem to lose around the week of my period and the week after, then i stall out for the rest of the month.
Jennifer C.
on 4/7/04 2:46 pm - Washington, PA
Yes, I too can enjoy the wraps at Subway! I have only tried the Atkins Turkey and bacon wrap, but as you had mentioned about not finishing the wrap, I also do not eat all of the wrap. Jennifer
champagne3456
on 3/21/04 8:13 am - Lincoln, RI
I was 266.6 to start and have lost 84 lbs, I'm now 182 lbs. Not bad and doing better at being grateful for what I have lost and not dwelling on thinking about others doing better. There are times I can eat a lot, almost a small bag of chips and the inside only of a veggie pocket. However, I did feel sick and chips are bad for you. I'd say a cup is about right, but I can eat more if it's soup or something soupy. My loss has also slowed. This was the first week in 7 months that I didn't lose anything. But I'm not sweatin' it cause I feel great and I know that I will get smaller. My goal is to be 150 (I am 5"3 so that's still considered overweight, but I'll feel successful if I get there). You guys must feel and look great!
Jennifer E.
on 3/21/04 12:27 pm - Farwell, MN
Congraulations on the weight loss! I weighed in at 253lbs. Today I weigh 128lbs. I am at my goal weight and fit into a 6-8 size jeans and small shirts. Who would have thunk? I had a bout with the flu which considerably urged me along in my weight loss. I am now fighting the battle with losing my hair and trying to tone up some of my flabby skin. At times I can eat quite a bit and at times after a few bites I know it is not going to go down. I am also extremely intolerant to sugar. Anything over 5 grams makes me sick. I guess this is good. I just sent in my new pics and am anxious to see them next to my profile. Jennifer
debbiew69
on 3/21/04 9:11 pm - wonder lake, IL
i turned out to be one of those people who can tolerate sugar. i should have never even tried it, i do watch what i eat and try to stay away from that sugar but everyonce and a while that candy demon calls my name and i just cant tune him out
Connie P.
on 3/23/04 12:27 pm - Olathe, KS
Hi, I've noticed postings about hair loss. I had surgery 08/20/03 and I lost lots of hair for a good 3 months. My doctor told me to go to Eckerd, Walmart or wherever and order Zinc in 220 mg capsules. (OTC zinc is only 50 mgs and you would have to take about 5 or so a day.) But anyway, take one 220 mg capsule a day and it has helped tremendously. Hope this helps.
Rhonda Y.
on 3/22/04 12:11 am - Fairmont, WV
WOW!! Everyone's doing so well!! I had my open RNY on August 5 and I'm down 118 pounds from the 330 I started at. The past month or so has been hard as far as some food choices but I'm hanging in there and toughing it out. The amount of food I can eat varies a lot from day to day, it seems. I can eat about 3/4 of a Lean Cuisine entree and with soups and things like that about 1/2 to 1 cup. Last night for dinner I had one small boneless pork chop and about 2 TBSP. of green beans. I'm just 32 pounds from goal and couldn't be happier!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
I had my surgery in 2003
lacrimablu · 0 replies · 894 views
Question Please?
jacreasy · 1 replies · 778 views
Weight Gain Off track
DROBY · 3 replies · 1030 views
low red blood cells and iron
MTITTLE · 2 replies · 796 views