"Why Did'nt I get Here Sooner!!!"

George R.
on 3/23/04 9:10 am - Waldorf, MD
Greetings All: It's now about 7.5 months since surgery (Aug 26th) I could not possibly be happier; I've lost 131 pounds; my pants size is now down from a size 56 to a comfortble size 40; can wear "loose fitting" 38's; my shirt size is down from a size 3 extra large to a single extra large; these sizes are almost (read very close) to the size I was when I retired from the Air Force fourteen years ago; when I was a lean and mean war fighting machine (or as they would have you desire to think) I shop for clothes in the "regular guys size store" again it's been almost two decades to get to do this; I work out at the gym on a regular basis and some female associates have been rather "flirty" with their comments about the "new and improved and MUCH LEANER ME"; I can't talk on this level with the skinny "normal" people as they haven't clue one what a "jump through your anal orifice" it is to go through having your chest whacked open and your gut partitioned like a hard drive to where two lousy tater tots feel like a three course roman feast and take about two days to make the trip through your GI system. We traveled to New Orleans recently for business and my wife and I (shes 8. 5 months since surgery and about 110 pounds thank you very much) ate at some of the finer French Quarter resturants( three on Bourbon Street are not to be missed; especially "The Red Fish Grill" it's well worth the wait;) and sad to say I threw up in nearly each one oddly not at the Red Fish Grill(for the money Landry's has one of the nicer well maintained Men's rooms) it appears our systems could not handle the "richness" nor the abundunce of the cooking (the spices might have played havoc as well) many nearly untouched plates had to be taken away because we could not consume but only a little bit; but we were able to eat was terrific; but we were determined to enjoy the "flavor of the Big Easy" like normal people and it was wonderful I'm so enjoying my "new life" and try to assist others that are "considering" to make the move. In a few weeks we are traveling back to our homes in the mid west for a visit; many family members back there haven't seen us in a couple years and have not a glimpse of an idea of our new improved appearences; my bride of thirty years looks even hotter (if thats possible) than that sweet young red head hippy girl I wed thirty years ago with real long hair the color of a shiny new penny; yea "going home" should be a wild experience. I know I rambled on a good deal here and I'm sorry (really no I'm not) but I just wanted to show that the really "good things" we ( those of us who have had the surgery) have strived and went through this for are worth the wait; the healthier, more active and energetic you is "just around the bend" it's worth the hair loss, the puking, and other obsure bodily functions not to be discussed openly. Would I go through it again? You bet- not a doubt about it Continued Good Luck to the rest of you Wishing you all a healthier, leaner and much happier spring and summer George Revoir
champagne3456
on 3/23/04 11:33 pm - Lincoln, RI
What a great story. We share the same surgery date, 8/26/2003. It's a day that also changed my life and its full effect still remains to be seen. I am a 25 y/o female who has been overweight her whole life. Although I am the same size now I was in high school, I am still overweight at 181 lbs., but the effects of my 85 lb. loss have been substantial. I look forward to fitting in the size 10 clothes that are considered the average size, but am certainly happy with the progress that's made met the 14 I am now. Life is good. I am getting married on June 12th ( a very big and elegant wedding) and I always promised myself I would not be a fat bride. I am so proud of myself. I look forward to wearing my size 12 strapless wedding dress! Cindy
George R.
on 3/24/04 1:01 pm - Waldorf, MD
Cindy: Your story also speaks loudly of your desire to get down to a more comfortable and much healthier size; From watching my wife I know full well what a intense struggle it really is for a woman to lose nearly 100 pounds as you stated; you relate your only about two sizes away from your goal of a size 10 for your wedding and that's really an achievable goal when you focus on the fact you have ALREADY come so far and have just a little more to go; Spring time presents more time to get outside for long healthier walks and plenty of good exercise to firm yourself up for your June wedding; I'm very excited for you and I'm positive with your new healthier directed attitude you'll be a beautiful and much healthier bride that any groom would on top of the world to be married to. My prayers of continued weight loss sucess for you young lady and may you and your new husband have a long and healthier life together; and please know this; if you and your mate enjoy even half the love my wife and I have shared these past thirty years together your romance will never fail. Good luck to you George
Most Active
Recent Topics
I had my surgery in 2003
lacrimablu · 0 replies · 894 views
Question Please?
jacreasy · 1 replies · 778 views
Weight Gain Off track
DROBY · 3 replies · 1030 views
low red blood cells and iron
MTITTLE · 2 replies · 796 views