head aches

debbiew69
on 4/1/04 12:44 pm - wonder lake, IL
well i have been suffering from a massive headache for 2 days now i think it may be a migraine i know i should call the dr. but im so tired of going to the dr. i have taken meds and nothing seems to be helping. does anyone know what could be causing this
Di N.
on 4/5/04 1:54 pm - Richmond, va
sounds like 2 ME it is a migraine or sinus A few days ago,I had a migraine I had 2 go 2 my pc and get a "shot" and I was happy and then took a nap..then...6 hours later Ta Da DI is back WISHING U THE BEST DI~
George R.
on 4/6/04 11:04 am - Waldorf, MD
Debbie: Along with the question of Sinus (possibly hay fever; you have changed since surgery; and it's possible you are developing a alergic reaction that you haven't experienced before to some pollens now available from budding/blooming trees) If this is suspected might I suggest Claritin; it's available "over the counter" and works wonders for me and my hay fever Now I would like to inquire about dehydration (water) are you drinking enough WATER? Sodas even diet ones contain a large quanity of sodium and caffiene which will accelarate the dehydration process in a couple ways as I'll explain (I'm addicated to diet Pepsi Vinalla flavor) if your drinking a large amount of diet sodas and or coffee and tea then you need to significantly increase your WATER intake to offset effects of sodium and caffiene; also the caffiene is a bad diaerutic( I know my spelling sucks just work around it) which also will deplete your fluid level causing dehydration; this WILL cause headaches all the time; this is the primary reason "why" young guys not savvy to dehydration that go on binges of drinking wake up at 3 AM with a splitting headache and SERIOUS "COTTON MOUTH" and dry eye balls; the dydration dried their brain out causing the headaches. The average daily intake of water should be 8-10 glasses(8oz) that's 64 ozs (1/2 gallon) and that's if your not taking in coffee, tea, sodas, alchol; if these items are in the intake list, the water MUST be increased; also if your working out at the fittness center or working hard at your job( heavy sweating) then this also requires a major increase in WATER; not ice tea or sodas If your having trouble with plain water( I burned myself out on it so I know it's possible; and I even installed multible filters and purifyers to create and PURRIFY my own "home grown" crystal clear PURE water with ZERO choline smell or taste) you might try what I do; I buy multible packets(flavors) of the Crystal Lite mix;( really cheaper than sodas and better for you as well) the orange flavors are my favorites and I carry a jug(64 oz) of this flavored mix to work every day; also this provides me water that's free of the LEAD contamination currently in the Washington DC water system. Anyway just a couple thoughts Hope you feel better and your headaches go away George
debbiew69
on 4/6/04 11:17 am - wonder lake, IL
well thanks george that was very informative. i do have some alergies and no i dont get enough water in so it could be those things. the head ache is getting better it just didnt feel like any headache i had ever had before it was different had me worried
Most Active
Recent Topics
I had my surgery in 2003
lacrimablu · 0 replies · 894 views
Question Please?
jacreasy · 1 replies · 778 views
Weight Gain Off track
DROBY · 3 replies · 1030 views
low red blood cells and iron
MTITTLE · 2 replies · 796 views