8 1/2 months post op

yellowflowers
on 4/15/04 1:03 pm - Erie, Pa
I am 8 1/2 months post op and only down 65 pounds. My doctor is okay with this but I think that it is to slow. What do you think???
Kathy K.
on 4/16/04 5:10 am - NC
I agree with you on that... I too have lost only 70 lbs and think I should be less. My Dr says the same thing, That I am a light weight. I dont think I am I was 247 lbs before surgery and now weigh 177 lbs and am only 5 ft 1 inch tall and will be 49 this month. would like to be at 150 lb soon Hope I will. Guess I shoud not complain This loss so far has help me sooooooooooo much health wise. I thank God for it every day... But in the back of my mind I wish I would lose have been stuck between 177 and 179 for 2 months now which is my own fault I just had to be with my daughter she had my first grandson and I have been almost living at her house and I cook every day or we order out those high carb foods man no wonder I am not losing. I had a wake up call this morning no more carbs i went back on my protein shakes will do them 2 times a day and eat a lo carb meal for supper and no snacking at all which is my big problem. and water, water, water, I hope the best for you. it is so easy now to get back into those old habits like we had before this surgery. God Help me...
Eshele R.
on 4/16/04 10:30 am - Birmingham, AL
I so agree with both of you I started out at 273 and I'm now 197 well, one day 197 and another day 200. Therefore, I've only loss about 73 or 76 lbs. and my surgery was 8/28. I'll be at 8 months on the 28th of this month. And I agree I too snack on chips all day and eat sweets, and fast foods, sometimes. Kathy it sounds like we're doing the same bad things. I will take control though. If I don't loose at least 100 lbs by my year anniversary I will be truly disappointed in myself and depressed. I'm not drinking my water as much either. We recently adopted a baby boy and my main problem before surgery was eating when I was happy. I've always been opposite of a lot of people who eat when depressed. This surgery is TRULY A TOOL and if you don't work it as you should boy, do you pay. Hopefully, all will be well with all of us. God Bless!!!
terriny
on 4/20/04 10:28 am - Shady Side, MD
I'm down 99 pounds since surgery, but started at 355! I still have 100 pounds to go. You guys all sound like you're doing great. I was told to expect to lose 50% of my excess weight, so according to the Doc I'm on target, but compared to so many others I'm not doing so well. I've really slowed since mid January, losing only about 10 pounds since then. I exercise regularly at a gym, have a bicycle, swim, etc. I do notice that I've been eating more sweets and really need to start hitting the veggies. By the time I get my protein, though, I don't have room for veggies. I need to work on that. I've also cut back on my water consumption, though it is still just about the only thing I drink. Guess I'll do a week's worth of food log and see where I'm going wrong. Hang in there everyone! (And happy 8 month anniversary!) Terri
Most Active
Recent Topics
I had my surgery in 2003
lacrimablu · 0 replies · 894 views
Question Please?
jacreasy · 1 replies · 778 views
Weight Gain Off track
DROBY · 3 replies · 1030 views
low red blood cells and iron
MTITTLE · 2 replies · 796 views