8 months post op - check in

Lorie S.
on 4/29/04 9:32 pm - Goose Creek, SC
Hey everyone!! Life is great, isn't it! I am 8 months out (08/27/03) and have lost 115 pounds. I've gone from a 22/24 to a 10/12. I do so many things that I would never have dreamed of 1 year ago. I'm full of energy and active every day. I workout 3-4 times a week and am always on the move. My life has changed so much that I don't even know who the old me was. She is a stranger now. I'm thankful every day that I made the decision to do this, and I am now an Angel to 4 people at work who are in the process of pursuing surgery. Actually 1 down, 3 more to go. I'm glad that I can be helpful to those who decide to take this journey. I've made 5 best friends from my Support Group who are now like sisters to me. When I look back on the last 8 months, it has flown by and all those weeks of losing has added up. Food is no longer my main focus in life, but I still love to cook and bake which is weird. I have trouble eating the more solid foods, but I can live with the things that I can eat, so I don't stress about it. I look great and feel great, and I am actually wearing a bikini for the first time in 20 years. Let me know what your happiest moments have been in your journey. Lorie 267/152/130
JaneN
on 5/3/04 2:05 am - Houston, TX
Congratulations! I had my surgery a little B4 you - August 1, 2003. I've lost 108 lbs - from a 28/30 to now a 14/16. (From 305 to 197) It is TOTALLY amazing, isn't it? I just walked briskly up 2 flights of stairs here at work - that would have been IMPOSSIBLE last year this time. I also have a friend here at work who is in preop workup and am glad I can support him as he makes this journey. I still like to eat and sometimes think I'm eating more than I should, especially b/c I don't dump sugar...but still I'm eating WAY less than I used to. I won't ever wear a bikini (I'm too old and flabby!!) but I'm happy in my size 16 tank suit I got this year and even tho I'm 52 I think I finally like what I see when I look in the mirror. Thanks for the chance to remember and record all the good things I'm experiencing!! Jane
Most Active
Recent Topics
I had my surgery in 2003
lacrimablu · 0 replies · 894 views
Question Please?
jacreasy · 1 replies · 778 views
Weight Gain Off track
DROBY · 3 replies · 1030 views
low red blood cells and iron
MTITTLE · 2 replies · 796 views