People Mag Piece

Freda G.
on 5/15/04 10:48 pm - Columbia, MD
Hi All... Has anyone read the piece in this week's People? I find it quite interesting that the reporter would interview several people who had negative experiences yet interview only one whose wls was successful. Man, that just burns me up!!! I'm trying to read these things with a grain of salt but it seems it's getting harder and harder to do. Again and again I hear wls is a "tool" for weight loss. It's really up to US to keep the weight off using this tool. There is a subcontractor at my job who weighed 545 lbs and had wls 15 months ago. I spoke to him on Friday and he has lost 340lbs. To me, he's the one they should have interviewed. He's my inspiration. And while I only have 48lbs to reach my own goal, I've been taking my advice from him.
Ro R.
on 5/16/04 9:33 pm - Northern, AL
Hey Freda, I believe there is a rule of thumb - it goes something like this: If you're happy with something you tell a friend, if you're unhappy with something you tell everybody. My point is that it is not surprising to me that so many negative experiences are reported. It is human nature to complain and try to get "revenge" if you're unhappy with the results of the surgery. Best Wishes, Ro
JaneN
on 5/25/04 5:11 am - Houston, TX
Was this the piece about the people *****gained weight? What I actually noticed was that most had only regained a portion of the original weight lost. And I don't know about you but for me, every time I've dieted I've ALWAYS regained MORE than I ever lost! So I figure those folks were, for the most part, still ahead of the game! The media loves to report negativity more than positivity...just look at everyday's news. Maybe you want to write a letter to the editor telling People about your friend and inspiration! (And about YOUR success story as well!) Have a great day! Jane
Most Active
Recent Topics
I had my surgery in 2003
lacrimablu · 0 replies · 894 views
Question Please?
jacreasy · 1 replies · 778 views
Weight Gain Off track
DROBY · 3 replies · 1030 views
low red blood cells and iron
MTITTLE · 2 replies · 796 views