Grazing!!!

vorth
on 5/19/04 10:30 pm - Mineral Point, WI
I am 9mths out now and have lost just under 90#'s. My problem is GRAZING. I find that I "have" to have something to munch on all the time. I have a sit down job and the temptation to have something at my desk is constant. I am much happier now with the weight loss but very upset that I don't loose anymore. I have only lost aout 10 lbs in the past 3 mths and I know it is due to my grazing all the time. I try to pick out healthy snacks (like jerkey, pretzels, gum) but find myself sneaking in the M & M's since my body likes the sugar (up to a certain amt that is). Any suggestions on getting myself back into loosing and not grazing would be appreciated. I am thankful that I have not "gained" any weight, but know I have at least 50 more lbs to go to my goal. I started at 310 and am around 220 currently. Congrads to all of you who are doing so well. I hope to continue, and pray I have not screwed this surgery up with all the grazing.
tina0226
on 5/20/04 3:43 am - Greenwood, IN
I too at times have the same problem you have. Are you tracking your calories on fitday.com? And are you eating high protein? I found that if I have a cup of ice near me or gum that helps a lot. You may need to up your calories and protein too! Tina
JaneN
on 5/25/04 5:07 am - Houston, TX
Vicky, You are not alone! I have been back into wanting to eat, eat, eat lately. I also am seeing the weight loss slow down to a trickle in the past couple of months. I've gone from 305 to 197, but unless I do better it may stop here. And even that is OK - I just sure don't want to start regaining. One thing I decided to try to do is, since I'm eating more, start moving more too. I haven't exercised as I should have postop, but am starting to walk and bicycle now a few times a week. At least maybe I can use that as a means to keep things a bit more balanced and maybe even kick start some better weight loss again. Good luck to you and to me! ha! ha! Jane
Steph Elaine
on 6/7/04 6:08 am - Danville, KY
I feel as if I am chomping on something all day. I'll buy a bag of pork rinds for the week and then eat them in one day! On those days I don't get in a lunch, but still the calories have to be horrible. I fight head hunger all the time. My weight loss has slowed down so much I feel as if I'm never going to get into normal size clothes. I don't want to ever go lower than a 12 (at 6 ft tall this would be almost skinny for me)but I feel like I'll never even get there. Of course, I have also not been able to exercise for a month. My evenings are completely busy after work trying to take care of the house and my family, I have so little time to do anything for myself now. I'd welcome any suggestions for 15 or 20 minute exercises. So, you're not alone. We'll defeat this as well!
Most Active
Recent Topics
I had my surgery in 2003
lacrimablu · 0 replies · 894 views
Question Please?
jacreasy · 1 replies · 778 views
Weight Gain Off track
DROBY · 3 replies · 1030 views
low red blood cells and iron
MTITTLE · 2 replies · 796 views