I've stopped losing!

Steph Elaine
on 6/6/04 11:06 pm - Danville, KY
I had RNY on Aug 4 and I'm so frustrated! I finally got to the 100# mark, and I've only lost 1 lb in 6 weeks! I watch other people who had surgery months after me hitting their goals and I'm still 45#'s away! I feel as big as I use to be, though I know I'm not just by the sizes I'm now wearing. How can I get the scales moving again? I drink my water, at least 80 oz a day. I get my protein in, at least 70 grams a day. Could it be still too many carbs? My protein bars tend to have 20 to 26 carbs in them and I eat about 2 per day. Then, I graze. I snack on peanuts, and pork rinds. All to get protein in, but it must be too much fat as well. I just need to vent my frustration. I feel like a failure. I won't be at goal by my 1yr anniversary. I went shopping at Lane Bryant yesterday and still have to wear their 16W's. That means I have to wear 18's in misses, if I'm lucky. I just want to quit having to shop in the plus sizes! Is this the way it's going to be? Am I going to have to be on a diet forever, even though I did this surgery so I wouldn't have to feel like I'm on a diet.
franbvan
on 6/7/04 1:26 am - harrington, de
i know how you are feeling. i hit a 2 month plateau(my first long plateau ever) and kept playing with the same 1 pound up and down. during spring break i went to visit family out of state and because of all the fun we were having i forgot to take my vitamins. since i had gotten out of the habit of taking them i would only take them when i would remember (about 1 time a week). when i started taking my vitamins everyday like i should be the weight started coming off again. sometimes eventhou we are eating what we are supposed to the weight just stops. believe it or not eating more sometimes gives us the little push we need. you said that you are grazing and eating 2 protein bars a day. i did this too and when i wrote down all my calories and things for 1 week i was SHOCKED at how much i really was eating. eventhou we can't eat large amounts of food it does really add up when you graze. do you excersice? i like walking and riding my stationary bike while watching tv. because i'm not heavy anymore i enjoy doing active things with my family on the weekends. playing games outside ect... i used to hate doing this before. if you look at the aniversary pages for people who are a couple of months ahead of us you will see ALOT of them had big major plateaus at the same time as we are getting them now. remember our bodies do adjust. what worked in the begining isn't going to work for us now. just change it up and track your food intake. i carried a small piece of paper with me when i was keeping track. and don't forget to write down your drinks too. best of luck and please let me know how you are doing. this will also help others when they reach a big plateau. let us know what you did to break it. hope to see you post good news soon.
Steph Elaine
on 6/9/04 12:03 am - Danville, KY
Thanks for the encouragement! I need to get back on the wagon and start exercising again. I had quit for a month (from going to Curves 3 days a week) because of busy lifestyle. Also, I am going to Fitday.com to log in my food intake. Thanks everyone for your suggestions and encouragement. Without the support we get from other Posties, we'd all be in trouble! Stephanie
Freda G.
on 6/7/04 11:21 am - Columbia, MD
I know how you feel, but just hang in there. I had stopped at 103lbs lost & was playing w/ 3lbs up/down. I was so frustrated, I called the nurse practitioner who works for my doc. She told me to keep a food diary and fax it over to her...she took it to the dietician who looked @ it. When I talked to the dietician, she told me I wasn't eating enough!! I was getting in the protein but not the other things I need -- she said I need to be eating more fiber, fruits, veggies. She also told me that I need to stop obsessing about the pounds. I should be concentrating on the inches lost....which I have noticed are decreasing. I've finally lost another 3lbs for a total of 106 as of today....I only weigh myself on Mondays. But I've noticed that some of the size 16's I bought are starting to get baggy, so I'm guessing there's something happening here!! Are you exercising as well? It's hard but you need to strike a balance between making good food choices and the exercise...even if you walk 20 minutes a day 3 days a week, it's something. The key, according to the dietician, is balancing the food intake and the exercise. Hang in there, Stephanie....it'll come together for you!! Freda 304/cw 198/gw 150
1800Bev
on 6/7/04 5:46 pm - Somewhere, CA
Stephanie, you've answered your own question. Stop grazing. Change your protein bars to one with less carbs. Are you exercising? The hard part about WLS is that it's on our stomachs and not our heads. I'm sending you a cyber (((HUG))) in hopes that you get motivated and get that scale moving downward again. 273/162/150
tina0226
on 6/8/04 2:06 pm - Greenwood, IN
I have posted this concern with myself several times ... and the answer I kept getting is either the working out is causing you to gain muscle and lose fat ... muscle weighs more then fat ... or you are not eating enough. I was stressing about every little thing I was putting in my mouth and would step on the scale 3 or so times daily. I told Kim (my WLS buddy) I wasn't going to do this ... it was too stressful and as long as I ate in moderation and did my weekly workouts if the weight came off great if not oh well. Well its been almost 2 weeks since I told her this and guess what I have lost 7 pounds. I hope this helps. Tina
AjAngelll
on 7/14/04 5:26 pm - South Bend, IN
Revision on 04/03/12
I am so glad I read this tonight. I have been on a long plateau myself...going on 4 months soon. My dietician just told me to start measuring again and to cut back to 3 oz meals again. I have to laugh when I measure..because they are about the same as I was eating...so at least I was doing something right.. I am getting my exercising back up..after having a bout with anemia. I am hoping that now that we have my b-12 back in check and I am getting my energy back that this may have been playing a part in it. I have been frustrated because I have lost 100 pounds..but have only gone from a size 32 to a size 24/26 on bottom and 22/24 on top. After seeing that others have lost just over 100 and gone from 26 to a size 8. But..I have to remember we are all different..and I WILL get there someday.. And I need to keep coming back here...I forgot how much it can help..
Most Active
Recent Topics
I had my surgery in 2003
lacrimablu · 0 replies · 894 views
Question Please?
jacreasy · 1 replies · 778 views
Weight Gain Off track
DROBY · 3 replies · 1030 views
low red blood cells and iron
MTITTLE · 2 replies · 796 views