sick

debbiew69
on 8/16/04 6:51 pm - wonder lake, IL
hi all!!! i am 1 year post op on 8/4/04 and i feel terrible for the last 9 days now i ache all over and have constant abdominal pains. seems to me that if i eat the pain goes away only to return an hour later then i eat a little ad it goes away this cant continue i cant eat all the time like that i will gain for sure. what should i do? i have had a series of blood work and they cant reall find anything but a slightly lower D viamin and my sugar was real low one day but in the 80's the rest
Gail L.
on 8/20/04 2:50 pm - Cleveland, OH
Debbie, I hope you are feeling better by now. I too am a year out from surgery. I've had no problems and felt great for the past year.....until about a week ago. My problem is like heart burn, from my pouch to the bottom of my throat. But like you it feels better when I eat -- the burning starts about an hour or so after I eat -- as soon as I eat again it goes away! Today I also dumped very badly. Haven't had trouble with that in the past either. I know why I dumped though -- ate two donuts! I know that was stupid and I've learned my lesson. Obviously the reason I haven't dumped in the past is that I followed the rules. Maybe that is my whole problem -- I've been loosening up what I eat -- one year of being good and now I'm loosing it. Got to back to basics. Hope you problem is minor and solved soon. Gail
debbiew69
on 8/20/04 5:03 pm - wonder lake, IL
hi gail thanks for the reply. congrats on being 1 year out. ask your dr. for a perscription for pepcid or something similar that will help the burning feeling. 2 donuts were a little much you can have treats like that once and awhile if you can do it under moderation, but if you cant control the amount that may get you back to where we all were, i have a few cookies here and there now its 2 or 3 instead of the 10 or 15 i could eat before and im satisfied and im not nuts cause it was all taken away moderation is the key. yes i feel a little better i am going for a few more tests so we will see what happens
Most Active
Recent Topics
I had my surgery in 2003
lacrimablu · 0 replies · 895 views
Question Please?
jacreasy · 1 replies · 778 views
Weight Gain Off track
DROBY · 3 replies · 1030 views
low red blood cells and iron
MTITTLE · 2 replies · 796 views