Pre Thanksgiving Message to all you August "LOSERS"

George R.
on 11/16/04 11:50 pm - Waldorf, MD
Good Morning fellow members of our August group; I have read a few of the messages and it is true many have not stopped by and left a thought or two for a while. I myself have not written since around August and wanted to leave a note or two about my wife Linda and my progress ( Linda's surgery was July '03') I'm a little concerned over Linda as she continues to lose weight so far she's lost a tad over 140 pounds; she's about the size she was as a young teenager; she is still having trouble with many foods mostly meats and fish; recent blood tests indicate she's low iron and slightly anemic; she looks terrific; we had our 30th anniverary on Kuaui Hawaii in Sept; she looked fantastic in a gown I bought for her for the vows ceremony on the beach check out some pictures of her and I in Hawaii at my web page http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/profile.phtml?N=R1038325237 I'm feeling great and could not be happier; I don't have a problem like she has with eating and have to WATCH MYSELF constantly; I "back slid" while on holiday and put on about 12 pounds!!! ( 8 of those are gone again for the final time-I learned my lesson) I'm on track fixing that mistake; just got carried away with my new self. This was my first time returning to Hawaii where I was not ashamed to walk around in public with my shirt off; far from having the body of the young Air Force Seregent that lived there in 1977 I was VERY happy not to be the 406 pound Heart Attack waiting to happen I was over a year before; I am so very happy for all others that have found weight loss sucess through surgery; I have met so many real friends through these weight loss message boards; persons *****ally know what it's like to go through life being made fun of or scorned or otherwise denied equal acceptance as our "skinny" breathren; there is an airline I heard charges overweight persons "extra" though I now do not have that worry; because I travel so much in my job; I have declared war on these people and will not give them my business; even if I have to pay more or "weight"(pun intended) in a longer line I detest people being prejudiced aginst overweight people. The Thanksgiving holiday is coming; a time that I used to look forward too every year as I'm sure many "heavies" across the land do;a time to eat ourselves silly and "blend in" with the skinnies doing the same thing. Now my wife and I use it more wisely as a early winter travel break;we stay away from the eating and just enjoy ourselves. In closing to you ladies who have posted recently; God Bless you in your weight loss; blessings for you for continued sucess towards your goal; inner strength and resolve to endure Thanksgiving temptations and a well meaning "ATTA GIRL" for each of you that treat your "NEW" selves to new garb that you haven't been able to even think about wearing let alone zip up without laying down on a bed and using pliers while exhaling all your breath like a deep water diver My lovely Linda has gone from a size 22 to now a size 8-10; every time she shops (which she really enjoys now) she gets the most beautiful smile and she looks so great; this I imagine must hold true for most of you as well. I most proud to announce that I have suceeded in returning to my "active duty" size of before I retired from the Air Force 15 years ago!!( not many mid fifties fellows can say with pride they can still look sharp in their old military uniforms) Sometimes I come across former members of my unit and they are most supprised I don't have a "spare tire" hanging over my belt but instead look as trim and neat in my clothing as when I was in the Air Force- this makes my day and further validates all the stress and trouble weight loss surgery puts you through. One young female staff member even remarked to me I was almost the department "diva" with my new found perchant for attire including brighter colors and frequently ties items I shunned when I was over 400 pounds. I've rambled on a bit so I'll wrap this up; may I wish god's continued blessings to all *****ad messages on this page and inner strength and resolve to attain all your weight loss goals and do please all enjoy a safe and MUCH HEALTHIER Thanksgiving v/r George Revoir 135 pounds lost (and will never be forgotten- and most importantly NOT EVER searched for either)
Most Active
Recent Topics
I had my surgery in 2003
lacrimablu · 0 replies · 894 views
Question Please?
jacreasy · 1 replies · 778 views
Weight Gain Off track
DROBY · 3 replies · 1030 views
low red blood cells and iron
MTITTLE · 2 replies · 796 views