Anyone else struggling like me?

breezyberi
on 6/27/07 1:36 am - pickerington, OH
Hi Lori! i just read this post, i couldnt figure out how to find you all. Finally, i viewed my old profile and got to it from there. I hope your doing better now, and want you to know im here for you if you want to talk. My direct email is [email protected]. Take care and i love you! Kim
Joni Just Joni
on 7/22/07 10:15 am - Sheffield, AL
I'm struggling too Lori. I went from 365 down to 215 and then up to 220 which is where I have been for months. Luckily I am very tall. You don't deserve for ANYONE to be mean to you. It is a struggle...all the time. It always has been. Every single pound has been a struggle for me, even at first, but I try to remember that I have lost 145 lbs. That is an accomplishment! And I have become mobile again and don't have to use a walking stick or wheelchair anymore. So instead of beating myself up, I try to applaud my success! I went through a spell of drinking, a really bad spell of it. I stopped that, but now all I want is sweets. It is kind of ironic since I was never a sweets eater before WLS. My downfall before WLS was cheeseburgers and Coca-Colas. Now I don't want cheeseburgers and colas, but I want chocolate...all the time. Hang in there! We will prevail! Hugs, Joni
MelissaHickman
on 8/27/07 11:06 am - SLC, UT
VSG on 02/09/15
Lori, Please know that there is a correlation with eating disorders and addictions, it is not uncommon to get an eating disorder under control to only have another addiction crop up. This can be related to the fact that we are addicts first and when we take away the food we will find other substances or behaviors to replace the food with. You are taking great steps to seek out the help of AA or another kind of therapist. Be kind to yourself during this process, the self sabatoging we did when were were overweight, that did not help, will not help now. Melissa
Most Active
Recent Topics