Happy Anniversary August 2005 WLS kids!

Bridgetkaryn
on 8/2/13 12:48 am - Aldie, VA

Happy Anniversary month everyone!

It is hard to believe that it has been 8 years since our surgeries!! Hard to believe! When I had the surgery I was 23, single living in Chicago... 8 years later: I live in DC, I finished a graduate from Johns Hopkins, I have 2 kids (ages 3.5 and 2 years), I am married and I finished (barely!) my first 1/2 Marathon this spring! LIfe is so different and I love every second of it!

I have been pretty successful at keeping off my weight since the surgery especially after having 2 kids, only 17 months apart! I started at 297, my lowest weight was 165, though I stayed more in the 172 weight for a few years... That's where my body was comfortable...  After both kids I was stuck at 190 for Months/Years (my daughter will be 2 in just a few days!) But, I am happy to report that after really watching what I eat and working out I am down to 181.6 and losing!

I don't know if it is because I am older, busier or the surgery but it just seems like losing weight is harder now than before surgery...

I would love to hear how you are all doing after your surgeries and how your lives have changed!

Bridget

297/181.6/160 (new goal)

Most Active
Recent Topics