August 6 is the BIG day!

cherub13
on 7/10/07 10:00 am - Irving, TX
I have been doing a lot of research online, visiting my surgeon (Dr. Wade Barker -- anyone else used him?), seeing the dietician and going for psychological testing. I am nervous but can't wait. I've been so fat for so long and tried everything. Now I am about to head into unknown terrritory. Has anyone else out there used the services of Dr. Barker? He seems great and so do his staff. - cherub13
mlchristie69
on 7/11/07 2:39 pm - Spokane, WA
Congrats. I will be joining you on the loser's bench on the 28th. Keep us posted as the journey towards a new you begins.
cherub13
on 7/11/07 11:26 pm - Irving, TX
Good luck to you, too, Michelle. I must get a photo up so you can see me as I am now. I currently weigh somewhere around 245 and want to get down to 125. What is your goal? Or don't you have one? I don't have a scale but I will weigh myself next time I go to my doctor's office. How long have you been waiting to have the surgery? I've been thinking about having it for 5 years but have not really considered it something that I would actually do till I heard other people (Carnie Wilson, Sharon Osborne) come "out of the closet." What encouraged you? What do you worry about, post of? How do you plan to keep the weight off once you've reached your goal? (Too many questions! I apologize.) Where do you live? I am in Irving near Dallas. We can keep in touch if you like!
Dorothy Shuler
on 7/12/07 3:12 am - Olathe, KS
Yippee!!! we will be WLS buddies! I go in on the 6th too! in Olathe anyway
cherub13
on 7/12/07 3:45 am - Irving, TX
Hi Dorothy, Nice to know you are going under the knife the same day as me! Yes, we can be buddies. I think it will be great to be able to email each other to see how the other is getting along and if either of us is having difficulty or problems. Would you like to be my email buddy??? I don't have one. I only joined this site about 2 days ago. If you want, you can email me at: [email protected] but if you want to just communicate on this site for now, that's fine, too. - Alison
Patricia Hagmaier
on 7/12/07 12:33 pm - Wehonah, NJ
Congrats and good luck. My big day is the day after you so we will be in the hosptial at the same time. Cant wait to here how all went for you and i would love to chat whenever. Trish
cherub13
on 7/12/07 2:03 pm - Irving, TX
Hi Trish, Is Dr. Barker your dr too? I wish you the best, as well. I am getting quite excited and trying to think of ways I will not sabotage myself this time as I have every other time I have tried to lose weight. I am committed! - Ali
Most Active
Recent Topics
Fills
nickilin · 0 replies · 742 views
5 years..feel great!
frazier · 0 replies · 773 views
5 years ago- Change my life!!
MELISSA52879 · 0 replies · 1016 views
5 years out..today
1hipmom · 1 replies · 903 views
how is everyone doing?
frazier · 2 replies · 950 views