3 1/2 weeks and counting, worry

Patricia Hagmaier
on 7/12/07 12:29 pm - Wehonah, NJ
Hey everyone, I am so aware that I am literlly 3 weeks out from sugey and I am really strating to have fears. Not of the surgery,but if I have what it takes to go as far with this as my heart wants to. I am not looking for a quick fix with this surgery. Inside of me I see a strong, powerfrul woman who is athletic and independant and spriitually stong. I have at times been able to take the bull by the horns and make a decision and move foward without looking back, I just am afraid I will let meslef down and to be honest I have done enough of that for the last 40 years. I will be 40 in Jan and I am ready to start really loving myself like God loves me not just in word but in action. It;s kind of an epiphany. You know I have been listening to this for over 20 years how I need to love myself, not I FINALLY get I am not good to anyone when I am not loving myself. I have proven that over the last 2 years. I am ready, the hardest part will be excersise finding something that I like to do and do it, then be willing to lift weights to build muscle to fill in where the fat went. Anyway I blabbing. I have my pre-op on the 27thy to meet with the nutritionist, bloodwork and my last meeting with my doctor before surgery. I am stocking up on my foods now for my first fase of my dietary faze. Anyway. I am glad you are all here, knowing that you are all going through this weith me at the same time helps so much. Two things I am focused on is I am on my way to quitting smoking...I have made ground now I have to go the last mile tomorrow and my relationship with the Lord. I have been back slidden for so long and to be honest I miss him so much. I miss being close to God and how much joy that brought. One last thing, does anyone else seem to have problems with thier finances. I am curious if obesity and financial problems seem to run hand and hand. I know I have heard a lot about others, and myself as well, but I would love feedback if possilbe God bless Trish
babswel
on 7/16/07 4:21 am
Hello Trish, I see we have something in common. I have my last 'contact' with physician on July 26 and am scheduled for August 1 GBP. What type of surgery are you having? What type of things are you stocking up on? There is a list somewhere I ran across to make things easier (sponges with long handles, loose clothes, etc. but I am still trying to find it). Like you, I have been postponing this for quite some time, but I am ready. I don't know so much about the post op period so I have a list of many many questions for the physician. As for your smoking, that is quite a battle, but I am sure you can win. I smoked years ago in college and thought it was such a neat thing; however, so many repitory probs set in and my doctor told me I would shorten my life by lots. He said the same thing about the weight so perhaps we are just smart and want to live longer. Hope your week is going well and I would be glad to hear from you. Am in Texas. Best regards, Barbara
Godhelpme
on 7/21/07 2:36 am - Cedar Knolls, NJ
Hi, I also am looking for a list of foods to stock up on . The one the office gave me is ok but I still think there is more out there we should be able to eat preoperatively. Did u find anything yet? If so please drop me a note, Thanks
Most Active
Recent Topics
Fills
nickilin · 0 replies · 742 views
5 years..feel great!
frazier · 0 replies · 773 views
5 years ago- Change my life!!
MELISSA52879 · 0 replies · 1016 views
5 years out..today
1hipmom · 1 replies · 903 views
how is everyone doing?
frazier · 2 replies · 950 views