Struggling with smoking/husband having surgery too

Patricia Hagmaier
on 7/24/07 1:39 pm - Wehonah, NJ
Hey everyone, I need prayers, prayers, prayers. I need to put these cigarettes down tomorrow for good. My husband won't quit so it is soooooooooooo hard to be doing alone. I have my pre op Friday and have still heard nothing about a co pay so i don't know wha to think. My husband went to the Er the other night and his blood sugar was way up. We went to the PCP today and his weight is up to 348. When we got married he weighed 190. He has always been overweight oo, but he has now decied that he is going to have the surgery. He has lost 100's of lbs in the pas but cannot keep it off. I think the blood sugar scared him that and His dad died at 42 from heart disease and Darin is 38. So I praying he will follow though I have buried 1 husband at the age of 31, I cannot bare the tought of burying another. I thank God for all of you. Iread your posts and I know I am not along, you all feel and think the same as me and it is such a relief. i have always felt differen and outcast because of my weight. Even now my husband is being discriminated agaist trying to get a second job. He is so overweight I know that is now why he is getting hired. Becasue every place he goes they are hiring and then they see hima nd say sorry position filled or not hiring. I hate that. Everyone thinks overweight people are lazy and sloppy, pigs. On the contrary we have an addiction, a medial problem that we need help with, but it is more unaccepable to be obese than a drug addict. I know this first hand becaues I am a recovering addict of 13 years and I have never ben looked down on for that. Funny huh. To all who have surgies this month my payers are with you. i will try to remember to take a prayer list with me to the hospital so i can prayer for everyone. That Gods hands guide your surgery in every area from oderly to nurse to doc and everyone in between. May God bless each of you abundantly. Trish
lennaslimo
on 7/25/07 11:26 am - Southaven, MS
i will pray foryou and hubby. i wish you could put the cigs down. i am 46 started smoking when i was 14. i didnt think i could stop smoking either but with the grace of god and chantics pills i did it. been quit for 5 months. it was hard. felt like i lost my best friend, like someone close died. was terrible i took it day by day and just kept saying no. i was tested on several occasions that anyone would have picked em up again. but i didnt. i mean i went through a few terrible crises. i knew if i didnt quit my surgeon would not do my surgery. when are you having surgery? will your dr. preform it if you dont quit? take care and i hope you do well. good luck you can do this.
GORDIFLACA
on 7/27/07 5:00 pm - HYDE PARK, MA
Hey trish, couldn't help buy reply...I am scheduled to banded on 8/28 and I had been smoking for 25 yrs. I hade made several attemts to stop smoking in the past to no avail. Until June 28th when I started taking "chantex", I have been smoke free since 7/4..I recommend it to anyone who is having trouble staying smoke free. Please ask your pcp or pa about it, I'm sure it will help. Now I'm just nervouse about being banded, but still looking forward. Good luck. Gordiflaca
Most Active
Recent Topics
Fills
nickilin · 0 replies · 742 views
5 years..feel great!
frazier · 0 replies · 773 views
5 years ago- Change my life!!
MELISSA52879 · 0 replies · 1015 views
5 years out..today
1hipmom · 1 replies · 903 views
how is everyone doing?
frazier · 2 replies · 950 views