Hey Everyone Serious questions

Patricia Hagmaier
on 6/20/08 7:54 am - Wehonah, NJ
Hi guys, It has been a long time. I have been so stressed out, the fact that I need to be on the boards more and don't just tells you where my life is. I have a couple of serious questions. 1. Does anyone find they still have a hard time eating any kind of decent meal. Like if I eat more than Protein shakes, yogurt w/granola, coffee, I feel sick, yet I feel so very weak from this and my stomach hurts most of the time. 2. I joined a gym and because I am so weak and tired I don't feel like going? Any suggestions. 3. Do any of you have spouses who seem to sabatoge your attempts to go the extra mile.? Every time I buy something new to try before I can get to it, He eats it. I have bought ricotta cheese two weeks in a row and before I could get to it it was gone. 4. I have not been able to go to a follow up w/my surgeon since three months out because we lost our insurance. What do I do. I have not had one level checked, I honestly don't know where I stand physically. Other than that I am coming up on my 11 month surgiversary and I am down 110lbs. I am at a plateau and don't know what to do to break it. Could it be as simple as I am not eating enough and not excersising consistently because I honestly cant see eating less than I do this far out, I am lucky if I get 1200 calories a day in. Anyway, stress is the worst of it, we are still where we were at. Losing house, no jobs, I am now going on disability because I am in so much pain in my back. I have to get an MRI, but have to figure out how to get it paid for. I ask everyone, please pray your hardest. My husband Darrin has had this job that he has been given, but it is being held up by the President of the company because he cannot be strapped down for 1 day. Please please pray that all will come together very soon. Darrin is out of unemployement in 5-6 more checks and we will literally have NO INCOME what so ever. I have never been so scared in all my life. I am trusting that all things are going to work out, but sometimes, I am scared they won't. I would appreciate any help through the pray line I can get. God bless you all and I have missed you all so much. Trish
Kathleen L.
on 6/20/08 9:03 am - Lawton, OK
Hello! Sorry to hear that things are so very difficult for you. I sincerely hope it gets better soon. I will pray for you daily. My husband is in the Military, and due to retire next year. Now we are talking about him just staying in because the economy is such a mess. We pretty much live paycheck to paycheck now, and we are scared when he gets out if he can get a decent job. So many good Americans are suffering now. Hopefully, our new Pres. can turn things around. Have you tried to obtain Medical Insurance through the city or county Welfare system? I know here in Ok. they have different programs. Could you ask your surgeon to work out something with you so he could check your blood levels at least? I know mine is very good at working with people. As far as eating goes, I have a very difficult time with solid food still. My Dr. says he needs to stretch my stoma a little more. It is very small I guess. I just make sure I get in my protein first daily. I eat RF Wheat Thins, Cheerios, Laughing Cow Cheese, Soups, Mashed Potatoes, salads, beans, (all kinds). I have a really difficult time with meat. I cannot really eat anything sweet ...I dump really easily. I tolerate yogurt well. I think all of our bodies are so different. As for your metabolism, do you drink water? That seems to kick start my weight loss, if I up the water intake. Sometimes increasing calories can help too. I have pretty much stayed at the same weight for weeks now. I think my body has just stopped and is at where it is going to be. I stay around 135 give or take. I am going to have my TT in August, so I should be in the 120s. That is way better than I ever hoped, and I am blessed. I am very short, only 5'1", so my Dr. goal weight was 145 and my personal goal is 132. We are all here to support you. Please take good care of yourself, and try to get some rest. You are in my thoughts and prayers, and I sincerely wish you the very best! GOD BLESS! K
brenmatt65
on 6/20/08 2:38 pm - Powell, WY
Hi Patricia! It's great to hear from you! I'm so sorry you're having such difficulties. I will pray for you that things settle down for you. I'm now not having many food issues. I can eat basically anything within reason. Moderation and strength is now what I have to rely on for success. I'm not sure what to advise you with your situation being what it is. I'm praying for you and hope that your days of rough stuff are almost over. You've sure had your share! I do believe it's important to continue with after care even with no insurance. Talk to your surgeon and ask if there is some way to work it out so you can have proper after care. It's sooooooo important to have that. Our health depends on it. I will keep you in my prayers continually. God bless you! Brenda
frazier
on 6/23/08 12:25 pm - Hamilton, Canada
Hi Patricia, I'm very sorry that you have been having such a difficult time with everything. I hope that you are at least managing to take the supplements you need. I don't really understand the U.S. insurance system. I hope that you will somehow be able to at least have your blood levels checked. It can't be good that you feel too tired to exercise and you are unable to eat the way you should. As for your question 3 and feeling that your food choises are being sabbotaged. I have heard that sometimes our loved ones can feel threatened by our weight loss and the changes we are going through. Have you talked about this to him? I hope the job comes through for him and that at least part of your stress will be relieved. You are going through such a difficult time that you need something positive to happen. Keep in touch. Fran
Most Active
Recent Topics
Fills
nickilin · 0 replies · 741 views
5 years..feel great!
frazier · 0 replies · 773 views
5 years ago- Change my life!!
MELISSA52879 · 0 replies · 1015 views
5 years out..today
1hipmom · 1 replies · 903 views
how is everyone doing?
frazier · 2 replies · 950 views