email I sent to friends and family and that is definitely you ladies too!

Kathleen L.
on 7/5/08 9:03 am - Lawton, OK
Some thoughts from the mind of me So last night, July 4, 2008, I took my MeiMei and Leilani to see the fireworks at the park downtown. We parked about a mile and a half away from the festivities. We walked the mile and a half to the festivities. I did not huff, I did not puff, I did not have to stop and rest, I just walked, enjoying the fragrance of the flowers that lined our path. We stayed on the Midway Area for about an hour, and I stood as Leilani jumped in the "Bouncers" and MeiMei climbed the rock wall (she got all the way to the top and rang the bell!). Then we walked down the hill and laid our blanket down to watch the BOOMBOOMS in the sky. I was able to sit down and get up easily, not having to be pulled, or pushed. At the end of the night, we walked back to the van, and made it home. I put the girls to sleep, and I sat here in my chair and cried. I cried for all the other Fourth of July's my obesity robbed us of. I cried for all the bike rides, swimming sessions, lake trips, waterslide adventures that were missed because of my addiction to food. I cried because I am thankful that now, because of my RNY, I am able to be a better Mother to my children. This surgery for me was NOT at all about looking better. It was about breathing better, moving better, living better. Obesity is like being a turtle locked in a shell. You can look, see, taste and feel, but you cannot really move. Some say Bariatric Surgery is an easy way out. I tell you, almost a year out, this surgery and it's discipline have been some of the hardest things I have had to adhere to. I have to plan meals, make sure I get all the right vitamins, minerals and proteins so my organs do not shut down, drink alot of water, so many little things that add up to alot more than my diet for obesity ever needed. It is not an easy way out, not an easy fix. But it is so worth it in so many more aspects that I could never take the time to list. On August 26 I will have my pannus removed, hernia removed, and well, to put it bluntly, my excess belly, fanny and leg skin either removed or pulled up. I am very blessed to have good insurance. But really, the insurance comes from the hard work, dedication, sweat, and lonliness of my Husband. Everyone says our benefits in the Military are free. They are not. They come with a huge price. The price the Soldier pays by being separated from his family, facing lonliness and uncertainty every single day. I appreciate the price my husband pays for me, my children and my health. There is not one day that goes by that I do not cheerish all that I know he does for me. He is even using his what should be RandR time to come home and once again, take care of floppy old me. And all of you know me, I am no walk in the park sometimes, to put it mildly. I know I am a very lucky woman, and I love my husband with all my heart. I am so truly blessed. So I will close now. Life is a gift; we do not know if we will have the chance to unwrap the next present tomorrow. From now on, I am going to reach for every ribbon, every bow, I can today. Much love to everyone and God Bless! Love K
TaraWynn
on 7/5/08 9:23 pm - Midland, MI
Thank you Kathleen. Thank you husband of Kathleen.
Kathleen L.
on 7/6/08 12:09 am - Lawton, OK
HI there Tara! Thanks. How are you feeling? Hope all is well for you. Have a great Sunday...I am off to church, trying to head that way anyway. :}
brenmatt65
on 7/6/08 7:29 am - Powell, WY
Hi there beautiful lady! We have been away for a few days and are back now so I'm going to breathe a little and answer at least this post and then nap. It's been an exceptionally stressful two weeks. Your inspiring words and graciousness have me in awe. You are SUCH an incredible woman! I hope you NEVER NEVER forget that! I don't believe you are lucky to have the husband you have--luck has nothing to do with it--it's all blessings received from our awesome God. Your husband is ever so blessed to have you as his wife too! You're a rock and a tower of strength. I'm sure with everything in me that he would agree. YOU'RE AWESOME!! I'm soooooo glad you have received the blessings that go along with a surgery like this and its outcome. Your success is so inspiring! I know what you mean about all the missed activities in the past and how it feels today to be able to do all those things now. I can't help but feel if we hadn't felt the pain of those past experiences that we wouldn't be so successful or appreciative of our accomplishments today. What a truly new beginning we've had, huh? I can hardly wait to see what the future holds for all of us! For now, I'm in need of a shower, a nap, and some good ol' R and R before it's back to the grind tomorrow. I'll be praying for you, as always! I love you--and all of our WLS sisters (and brothers!!) Brenda
frazier
on 7/6/08 9:28 am - Hamilton, Canada
Kathleen, You said that beautifully. Fran
Most Active
Recent Topics
Fills
nickilin · 0 replies · 742 views
5 years..feel great!
frazier · 0 replies · 773 views
5 years ago- Change my life!!
MELISSA52879 · 0 replies · 1015 views
5 years out..today