Terry - 1st Year Anniversary 8/10/08

terryrow61
on 8/11/08 2:30 am - Garden Grove, CA
I started the Options Program through Kaiser in Orange, California in January 2007 and graduated on June 25, 2007. Dr. Zorn performed my gastric bypass on Friday, August 10, 2007, which is allowing and helping me to live a longer, happier and healthier life. I am grateful to Dr. Zorn and all the other people involved in making my surgery a success. I am 5' 6" and my highest weight was 286 lbs and today, I weigh 150. If you had asked me at the end of 2006 what I would weigh in 2 years, I probably would have said, "300 lbs" as I never dreamed I could weigh less than 200 lbs let alone 150! I tried every diet in the world including Optifast several times. I even lost 66 lbs on Optifast, but it came back plus more. It is important for us to know that the gastric bypass is not a magic touch or a surgery that is going to change your eating habits and memories, but a "tool" to help us to change our lifesytle including bad eating habits. It is hard and we will have to fight to keep the weight off. I am fighting and continue to fight everyday to keep from seeing the other heavier version of me in the mirror and in reality. However, I think this is something worth fighting for. Now that I have given this great spiel, lets get down to reality-it is damn hard to keep on track. I want to go back to my "bad eating habits" sometimes and it drives me nuts. Sometimes I eat stuff knowing that it is not good for me or that it is a no no, but I still do it. I have to get back to watching and tracking what I eat if I am to maintain this new Terry look. I noticed that when I keep a diary, I eat well and keep tabs of my calories, carbs, fat and protein. When I do not keep a diary, it is as if I am allowed to try anything. Therefore, I am back to keeping my diary again! I wish all of you well in your post op! Terry
TaraWynn
on 8/11/08 8:36 pm - Midland, MI
Terry, Congrats and Happy Anniversary!!! Great Job. Thank you also for the reminders. I sure need a kick in the pants. Sincerely, Tara
brenmatt65
on 8/12/08 11:47 pm - Powell, WY
Congratulations, Terry on your year anniversary! God bless you for your inspiration and your success!! Keep up the GREAT work!! Much love and many blessings..... Brenda
terryrow61
on 8/13/08 5:16 am - Garden Grove, CA
Thanks Brenda!
frazier
on 8/13/08 12:41 am - Hamilton, Canada
Congratulations Terry, I totally agree with you. Sometimes I even regret that I can't eat the way I used to...Crazy isn't it. I do find that I am more accountable when I log what I eat so I try to keep a food diary every day. Keep up the fight! Fran
terryrow61
on 8/13/08 5:13 am - Garden Grove, CA
Thanks Fran!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Fills
nickilin · 0 replies · 742 views
5 years..feel great!
frazier · 0 replies · 773 views
5 years ago- Change my life!!
MELISSA52879 · 0 replies · 1015 views
5 years out..today