one year ago

1hipmom
on 8/14/08 3:21 am - Prattville, AL
I had my surgery one year ago. I am down 140ish lbs. from a 24 tight to a size 10......yes I wear a size 10 jeans.....I fit in my junior high prom dress several weeks ago. I am truley blessed. I have new friends, a great life. even a man in my life. this is one of the best choices I ever made. I do dump but that makes me behave. I watch what I eat. I have not had a soda in over a year now. I am very lactose intolerant no milk in over a year. SUGAR is my biggest enemy. I hope each of you who are debating about having it know I am a true success.....IN MY EYES. I never complained about hurting after surgery I walked 4 hours later. the worst part is the sagging skin...but I will see a plastics dr in 6 more months. good luck to all of you..I hope you are as BLESSED as I am. 1hipmom291/289/150/145
Kathleen L.
on 8/14/08 4:52 am - Lawton, OK
My Surgiversary is the 17th of Aug. I am down over 150 lbs. now, and having my TT Aug. 26. This surgery has been such a blessing to me and my family there really are no words to express how much it has changed our lives. I can live again, no longer trapped in the cage that used to be my body. It is only a tool, and I realize I am going to have to keep these new good habits I have incorporated into my life this past year always. Dr. Warnock is truely my hero, giving me my health, and my life as a good wife and mother and Grandmother back. Congrats to you DeeDee! I understand exactly how you feel, and I celebrate your wonderful success with you!
frazier
on 8/14/08 11:33 am - Hamilton, Canada
Happy Anniversary, You are doing great! Congratulations on your success. I had my surgery the day before you last year and have lost over 150 lbs. The best thing I ever did. Fran
TaraWynn
on 8/15/08 9:26 pm - Midland, MI
Congrats Dee Dee!!!! You look so beautiful!!! I share in the lactose intolerance and the sugar TOLERANCE!!! I have not lost 100 lbs....but have massive amounts of sagging skin. I am saving the $25 grand needed to have it done. Congrats to you!!!! My SurgeryAnniversary was yesterday. I feel I have not accomplished what I thought I would, due to my own failures and having a stricture fixed early on.( Start weight of 230, weight today between 158 and 165) The surgery is a wonderful TOOL, but anyone who thinks it is anything but that, is fooling themselves. It is hard work, needs life changes to make it work, and is NOT a miracle in itself - the changes we implement to make it work are truely the miracle. It was NOT easy, and is not fail safe. I have "met" some wonderful people, that has been one of the surprize side gifts of having this surgery. The regular posters here, "eggface" a blogger who is one of the OH staffers here, and many more who are so supportive. They have been so wonderful to/for me. Thanks for sharing and allowing me to share!!! tara
Most Active
Recent Topics
Fills
nickilin · 0 replies · 742 views
5 years..feel great!
frazier · 0 replies · 773 views
5 years ago- Change my life!!
MELISSA52879 · 0 replies · 1015 views
5 years out..today
1hipmom · 1 replies · 903 views
how is everyone doing?
frazier · 2 replies · 950 views