I have a date...

frazier
on 8/14/08 11:35 am - Hamilton, Canada
I have a date for my knee replacements....October 28. I am getting them both done together. I'm looking forward to being able to walk without pain. Fran
Kathleen L.
on 8/14/08 12:39 pm - Lawton, OK
Congratulations on your knee surgery Fran. I have never heard of them both being done at the same time. Won't that be very painful for you? I hope that everything will go ok. I wish I was nearer because I sure would come and help you. You are such a kind, wonderful lady. How long will the recovery take? You are always in my thoughts and prayers. My TT is coming up Aug. 26. I am glad because this hernia is really starting to bother me quite a bit. I can live with it a week more I guess. How long will you be in the hospital after the knee replacements? I wish you the very best my friend!!!
frazier
on 8/18/08 11:52 am - Hamilton, Canada
Kathleen, Thanks for your kind words. I will only be in hospital for 4-5 days but the Surgeon says I will be off work for 3-6 months afterwards. I figure I should aim for about 3 months off. I have heard that with improved surgical techniques and pain control afterwards that although there will be some pain I think it will be easier to control now than it might have been a few years back. You are right most people get only one knee done at a time but I am relatively young for knee replacements (52) and generally in pretty good health so the doctor and I decided I would have both done together then I don't have to wait until the second knee is done to be able to walk better and with less pain. By next week you will be in hospital for your TT. Do you have to stay in a few days for that? Won't it be nice not to have that hernia and not to have the hanging skin will make you feel much better I'm sure. I find that the skin is bothering me more now than it did before......I am less comfortable with it now than I was a few months ago. Let me know how things go. I have been thinking of having one myself at some time in the future if I can manage it. All the best. Fran
Most Active
Recent Topics
Fills
nickilin · 0 replies · 742 views
5 years..feel great!
frazier · 0 replies · 773 views
5 years ago- Change my life!!
MELISSA52879 · 0 replies · 1015 views
5 years out..today
1hipmom · 1 replies · 903 views
how is everyone doing?
frazier · 2 replies · 950 views