Anniversary

TaraWynn
on 8/15/08 9:31 pm - Midland, MI
My Surgery Anniversary was yesterday. I feel I have NOT accomplished what I thought I would, due to my own failures and having a stricture fixed early on.( Start weight of 230, weight today between 158 and 165) I stopped losing weight right after that was done. The surgery is a wonderful TOOL, but anyone who thinks it is anything but that, is fooling themselves. It is hard work, needs life changes to make it work, and is NOT a miracle in itself - the changes we implement to make it work are truly the miracle. It was NOT easy, and is not fail safe. I feel stupid and naive to have believed it would solve everything, and I would lose more than I actually "worked" for. I have "met" some wonderful people that have been one of the surprise side gifts of having this surgery. The regular posters here, "egg face" a blogger who is one of the OH staffers here, and many more who are so supportive. They have been so wonderful to/for me. I owe them a lot of my success. (Thank you!!) Thanks for sharing and allowing me to share!!! Tara
Kathleen L.
on 8/15/08 11:47 pm - Lawton, OK
I think you have been VERY successful Tara! You are beautiful and an inspiration to me! Congrats on your Surgiversary!!! Like you said, this surgery is JUST A TOOL and we still have to control what we put into our mouths. And we still have to control what in our minds made us overeat in the first place. THAT is where I struggle the most. I still want to eat when I am stressed, worried, etc. That is something I guess I am just going to have to continue to learn to deal with forever. I am having my stoma dialated the week of the 25th as well after my TT. I am concerned that it will allow me to overeat more, but my Dr. says it just stretches the opening to the pouch, not the pouch itself. I cannot really swallow meat or very solid things too well. He says this will help. I just do not want it to help toooo much lol. Do not beat yourself up. Look at how far you have come in one short year. When u truely sit back and reflect, it is amazing, at least for me. You take good care of yourself. I send big hugs your way!!!
TaraWynn
on 8/15/08 11:55 pm - Midland, MI
Kathleen, You are so gracious. Thank you for the kind words! YOU are one of my miracles!! I do believe that having my stoma stretched did lead to my not losing weight as fast - however, I had to have it done as I was vomiting continuously before that. When you consider I lost almost 80 lbs in 11 weeks, that is scary - and wasn't healthy. So, it's a conundrum for me anyway. I haven't forgotten you, or your TT date. I continue to send best wishes for your fast recovery and excellent results!!!!! Thanks again so very much! Tara
frazier
on 8/18/08 11:41 am - Hamilton, Canada
Tara, Congratulations on your anniversary. I think you are doing great. You have pulled yourself back on to the right track when you were struggling. I know that takes great strength and determination. I hope we can all support and help each other for the next year. I feel like the real work is really just beginning. I hope I can pull from the strengths of the people I have met here. Like you I have been given great support and inspiration. Fran
Most Active
Recent Topics
Fills
nickilin · 0 replies · 742 views
5 years..feel great!
frazier · 0 replies · 773 views
5 years ago- Change my life!!
MELISSA52879 · 0 replies · 1016 views
5 years out..today
1hipmom · 1 replies · 903 views
how is everyone doing?
frazier · 2 replies · 950 views