Weigh in for August 25th

brenmatt65
on 8/25/08 1:43 pm - Powell, WY

Hi everyone!  It's amazing to me what a difference a few days makes in how a person feels.  I'm feeling MUCH better emotionally.  I think it's partly due to the fact that school started today and now there's no more "i'm-starting-school-next-week nervousness."  Now that it's started I can buckle down and do what needs to be done.  I also believe the appetite suppressants are helping IMMENSELY.  If any of you are having snack attack problems--talk to your doctor or weight management team.  Appetite suppressants are NOT a sign of failure but a help to get over a HUGE hump many of us face.  I'm glad I got on them.  It's helped me soooo much already--and I know it's not permanent.  I am on the losing side again...down two pounds since last week and weighing in at 145.

God bless you all! 

Brenda

frazier
on 8/26/08 12:44 am - Hamilton, Canada
Hi Brenda,  Glad to see you back.  My weight is holding steady.  I decided to permanently use the scale i have at home....it's the one that weighs the lowest lol.  So my weight is holding at 149.  That's a total loss of 161 lbs.  I'm feeling a little ill today though not as bad as I did yesterday.....I went out and ate chicken wings....big mistake.  I read an article that says you should weigh in weekly to help maintain weight loss after WLS.  They suggested wednesday so it is after the weekend when you may have overindulged and completely naked so you can't excuse any possible weight gain on what you are wearing.  So I am weighing my self at home now and I will definitely continue to weigh in weekly here.....it makes me feel accountable.

Brenda I think a lot of us are now beginning to have problems with hunger and choises and of course we will always have stressors that may lead us to eat the wrong things.  I think the most important thing is that you recognised the problem and took steps to fix it.  It can be very difficult to admit that you need help.  It takes strength to take the first step.  I know you have incredible strength.  

Have a great week.

Fran

Most Active
Recent Topics
Fills
nickilin · 0 replies · 742 views
5 years..feel great!
frazier · 0 replies · 773 views
5 years ago- Change my life!!
MELISSA52879 · 0 replies · 1016 views
5 years out..today
1hipmom · 1 replies · 903 views