REALLY DEPRESSED/DISAPPOINTED

Patricia Hagmaier
on 8/26/08 1:53 pm - Wehonah, NJ
ISome of you know our financial situation, for those of you who do not here is a quick run down.

I was FIRED from my job in Oct last year due to complications from my surgery/illegal use of my FMLA Time (on their part). I did not sue them because my husband and I worked for the same
company in the same department and I did not want to jepordize our only means of support

My husband was violently ill for a year and half in large part, we thought, because of chronic kidney stones. It turnes out it was misdiagnosed and he had Graves disease(hyperthyroidism) and type 2 diabetes,
which in turn resulted in him being fired in January of this year because he has used all his time including his FMLA and was too sick to work.

He has spent literally 8 hours a day on this stupid computer putting in resumes...no job yet and only 11 weeks left on his unemployment comp
I am awaiting approval on my extension so we are a family of 5, 3 of which are 19, 17, 17 living on a little under 1800 a month
It may sound like a lot to some, but our electric bill alone with all we can do to minimize it is over 500 a month.
We have NO HEALTH INSURANCE AND MEDS BETWEEN ALL ARE OVER 1000 a month.
Somehow we still have to pay all our bills and we are slowly getting to the point where we cannot stay in our home and will have to move in with family.

Anyway, when signing up for school, I was presumtuous and did not take into account that I would be commuting 50 miles a day at 20 miles a gallon plus tolls of 4 dollars a day
That is more than 500 a month so there is no way, given our cir****tances that I can, in good judgement take this on right now. It would be completely financially irresponsible
and that is one area my husband and I are working on desperately. Is to get out of that mindset that we can add this to our lives and God will provide.

I as I am sure with othes struggled greatly with finances my entire life and was never taught how to handle or respect Gods money.
I have come to realize, at the tender age of 40 that it is not blind faith to add bills into my life expecting God to provide,
but to take what we are given or make and life in contentment with what we have. Then and only then can we ever expect to be given
more w/more responsibility.

I feel like an idiot that it has taken me this long to learn this, but on the bright side atleast I am not 65 or 70 learning this too late.

So I am very disappointed that I won't be able to do this and my husband is devestated and is struggleing with guilt and shame
because he feels as though he has bruoght this all on us.

I covet your deep prayers for our family, for employment, health care, housing, food, enough to pay our bills and care for our children. I have two kids graduating from
high school this year and with that brings a lot of expenses.

Anyway, I am so grateful you are all here and that I can turn to you and not food, because 2 years ago I would, whether we had the money or not, run to the store and grab as many
donuts and candy as I could to deal with this.
Please also keep in your prayers every other family in this same situation, because unfortuneately there are millions of us.

I love you all
Trish
frazier
on 8/27/08 11:08 am - Hamilton, Canada
Trish,  I'm so sorry you are having so much difficulty in your life right now.  I hope that things will change for the better in the very near future.  I'm glad that you do have family that you can turn to for help should you need it.  I wish you and your husband luck in finding employment and in dealing with your health issues. 
Stay strong.
Fran
TaraWynn
on 8/28/08 10:05 pm - Midland, MI
Trish,
My goodness. I am so sorry you are having such a hard time, and so grateful you can share with people that care about you.
In the city I live in we have a free medical plan that will cover basics and meds. Its called the Midland Plan, do you have a free plan like that where you live? Also, here is a free medicine program: http://www.freemedicinefoundation.com/application_form.html? gclid=COru5c2As5UCFQoNGgodhky3QA
You can also write directly to the drug company, and your family Doctor can advocate for you and get free samples and free medications, they should have a form for you if you ask.
It is hard, but if you can get help it's worth it.
Please know I care!
Tara
Most Active
Recent Topics
Fills
nickilin · 0 replies · 741 views
5 years..feel great!
frazier · 0 replies · 773 views
5 years ago- Change my life!!
MELISSA52879 · 0 replies · 1015 views
5 years out..today
1hipmom · 1 replies · 903 views