HOME

Kathleen L.
on 8/31/08 1:36 am - Lawton, OK
Hi my friends.  I got home yesterday.  They ended up only taking 5 lbs. of skin off of this belly lol.  It still looks like an aweful lot in the pix they gave me.   My bladder did not want to start working after surgery, so I had to be in the hospital a lil longer.  They say it happens.   When they did the scope to dialate the stoma, there was an ulcer on my small intestine, which is kind of rare.  So they biopsied it.  I am not sure exactly what that means but the nurse told me it should be ok.  I am very very sore and very very exhausted.  I feel like a truck hit me.  Please keep me in your prayers, and if you know anything about biopsying an ulcer would you let me know?  I have to take Carafex because of it now.  Anyway, gonna go rest.  I am way swollen, but to be expected.  Much love to all!!! 
frazier
on 8/31/08 11:29 am - Hamilton, Canada
Hi Kathleen, 
I'm so glad you are home and doing ok.  You've been in my thoughts all week.  I'm not sure about the biopsy of the ulcer....did they tell you when they would have the results?  At my hospital it takes about 5-7 days for biopsy results to come back. 
Well Kathleen, rest this week and heal.  Soon the swelling will be down and think how great you'll look and feel.  Don't forget tomorrow is weigh in and you'll have those 5 lbs of skin off your weight.  You might be up a little this week though because of all the swelling. 
Take it easy.
Fran
brenmatt65
on 8/31/08 3:37 pm - Powell, WY
Welcome back, beautiful lady!!  I've thought about you soooo much this week and I prayed your surgery would go smoothly and without complications.  I'm glad you're home and are able to visit us to let us know how you are!

Five pounds is awesome!  And just think....next summer your bikini awaits you! 

Keep us informed how your progressing, ok? 

God bless you!  I love you bunches!!

Brenda
TaraWynn
on 9/1/08 11:06 pm - Midland, MI
Kathleen,
I was going nuts not having a PC to check on you!!!!!!!!! I am so glad you are home!!!
5 lbs!!! Yowsa! Please take care of yourself, no doing for everyone else, let them do for you for a change!!!!
Love,
tara
Most Active
Recent Topics
Fills
nickilin · 0 replies · 742 views
5 years..feel great!
frazier · 0 replies · 773 views
5 years ago- Change my life!!
MELISSA52879 · 0 replies · 1015 views
5 years out..today
1hipmom · 1 replies · 903 views