Appetite suppressants are working!

brenmatt65
on 8/31/08 3:44 pm - Powell, WY
Hello everyone!  It sure feels good to feel good again!  For awhile there I was soooo down and feeling miserable.  My weight management clinic nurse practitioner told me that this is normal for people one year out from surgery.  Usually we get over the hump and feel better, but sometimes we need a little added help.  She prescribed me Phetermine and Tenuate --take one at 10am and one at 4pm to help with the urge to snack.  Maaaaan do they work!  I've lost almost 10 lbs in the week and a half.  I had gotten back up to over 150 and am now down 10 lbs or so.  I'll find out tomorrow morning just what I weigh.  Monday is weigh-in day.

If any of you are struggling with what I was....please don't go it alone or be afraid of appetite suppressants.....ask for some help. We all took a HUGE step and changed our lives to lose this weight, there's no shame in going a bit further with the help.  It's not permanent--but it can help give you the added boost to quit snacking or carbing.

I love you all!  See you in the morning!

God bless!

Brenda
frazier
on 9/1/08 8:24 pm - Hamilton, Canada
Hi Brenda, 
I'm glad you are feeling better and not so miserable anymore.  I was worried about you because you weren't posting so much.  I was hoping it was because you were so busy and not because you weren't feeling well.  I don't know much about appetite suppresants but they sure seem to be working for you.  You are right we all need help sometimes.    We need to accept the help early and not let things get out of control like we did before.  You took the first step....congratulations.  
Talk to you later. 
Fran
michelleshocked
on 12/12/08 1:31 pm - MEMPHIS, TN
thank you for posting this.....i was wondering if i should do this too to stop the snacking/carbs.

Mini goal weight for 8/16/08: 200
Long term goal weight: 170

Most Active
Recent Topics
Fills
nickilin · 0 replies · 741 views
5 years..feel great!
frazier · 0 replies · 773 views
5 years ago- Change my life!!
MELISSA52879 · 0 replies · 1015 views
5 years out..today
1hipmom · 1 replies · 903 views