Monday weigh in.

frazier
on 9/15/08 12:50 pm - Hamilton, Canada
Hi Everyone, 
I'm holding pretty steady these days.  I go up two...then down two....then up two again.  I guess I'm leveling off.  I'm still under my goal weight though so I'm very happy.
It's funny how even though I'm at my goal weight I really hate my stomach skin....not to mention some other saggy areas lol.   I'm less happy with my body now than I was a few months ago even before I was at goal.  I'm not really complaining mind you....I still feel 110% better than I did at this time last year but I guess there will  always be something about my body I'm not satisfied with.   

I had a brutal day at work today so I'm just sitting around at home nursing sore back and legs...thankfully I took a day off tomorrow to take my cat to the vet.  Time for him to get neutered (Poor little guy).

Hope everyone has a great week.

Fran
brenmatt65
on 9/15/08 2:50 pm - Powell, WY

Hi everyone!  Hi Fran!
I'm still at 142, but I've now got a nastyyyyyy cold, so not eating much.  I don't lose when I don't eat.  My body retaliates, I guess.  This is the first cold I've had in two years so it's really kicking my butt. 

I did accomplish A LOT this weekend in regard to homework.  I'm catching on to this school thing again!   I received a letter from the college this week inviting me to become a member of Phi Theta Kappa, a national honor society sorority.  I was stunned and choked up!  I never had much interest in sororities, but this one comes with an abundance of scholarship opportunities and the "perk" of being in this good-grade related sorority goes a long way on a resume.  I've decided to accept the invitation.  I'm still in shock, but starting to feel a little bit of the pride that goes along with such an accomplishment.  My family is beside themselves feeling proud of me.  THAT ALONE feels really good!  I guess my hard work is paying off!

I hope you all have a GREAT week with MANY blessings included!

I love you all!

Brenda

TaraWynn
on 9/15/08 9:31 pm - Midland, MI

Congrats Brenda! Fran, I'm right there behind you - I'm still the same as always.

I am considering having tummy tuck surgery with my bladder prolapse surgery. Problem is I feel so stinking guilty spending almost 20 grand on my body. I am 47 years old, do I really need a tight tummy???? I am not happy with the skin, but would I rather have a cabin that my whole family can enjoy, or NOT be 20 grand in debt in the incredibly shaky economy?
I really don't thnk it has anything to do with whether I am "worth it" or not, more with my caring about my family's financial stability.
So, please, what do you think - other than you're worth it........
Thanks
Tara

frazier
on 9/16/08 12:30 am - Hamilton, Canada

Congratulations Brenda.  You deserve all the good things you get....you have worked very hard for them. 

Tara,  I feel exactly like you.  I can usually hide my extra skin from everyone but me.  I'm 52 and all my kids are out of the house now but you're right....20,000 is a big investment to make in a tummy.  I think that there are a lot of other things I would rather have at this point but if I ever have an "extra" 20 grand a flat stomach is the first thing I'll buy. I think that if you really want that TT it will be a great investment by making you feel good about yourself.  Well being is something that we can't really put a price tag on.  RNY was covered by health insurance for me but if I had to spend the money on that I believe it would definitely be worth it and now I wouldn't think twice about investing that much in myself. 
Fran

Kathleen L.
on 9/16/08 11:33 am - Lawton, OK
HI my friends.  Glad to see everyone on here and doing ok.  Bren I hope u feel better.  The only reason I got the TT was my insurance covered it.  I could not even come up with $2000 let alone $20000 lol.  My skin was causing me terrible problems.  I am glad I had it done just to releave all the chafing, rashes and odor.  I will have floppy boobs and arms forever.  I do not think the insurance will cover those.  Oh well.  I am old anyway.  My weight is fluxuating between 121-125.  I think my body is still adjusting to the TT.  I am three weeks out.  Period coming too, so I always gain because of that.  Hubby left yesterday, daughter went back to loser boyfriend today after Dad bought her new phone and colored contacts, of course.  She boils my blood, that one.   So I am bummed, blue, and blah.  It will pass.  Seeing u ladies on here helps.    Both my lil girls have Strep but are doing much better today.  I think I am going to try to work at one of the schools as a Lunch Lady just to get some extra moola and get out of this house.  I do not know why, but the quiet and lonliness really bothers me.  I find myself munching too, especially on crackers.  Not a habit I want to continue for sure.  I will ALWAYS be a stress eater.  I am really really going to have to fight it.  Anyway, much love to all of you.  Take care, and you are all precious to me!
Kathleen L.
on 9/16/08 11:35 am - Lawton, OK
Christi P.
on 9/23/08 12:41 am - KS
Well I am finally off a plateau.  I haven't lost anything in a month but I did drop a clothing size so I am hoping that I am back to losing again.  I am down 1.8 pounds and have stayed there for the last few days so I hope it will continue to go down and I am truly off the plateau since I still have a ways to go. 

Pre-surg wt:  290.6
today's wt:  171.6
Total loss:  119
Wt still to lose:  26.6

Hope you all have a good week. 
frazier
on 9/24/08 1:05 am - Hamilton, Canada
Hi Christi, Congratulations on your loss.  It's getting harder to lose and maintain at this stage isn't it.  Losing sizes is great though.  You must have broken through the plateau.
Fran
Most Active
Recent Topics
Fills
nickilin · 0 replies · 742 views
5 years..feel great!
frazier · 0 replies · 773 views
5 years ago- Change my life!!
MELISSA52879 · 0 replies · 1016 views
5 years out..today
1hipmom · 1 replies · 903 views
how is everyone doing?