Where is everyone? Monday weigh in.

frazier
on 9/24/08 1:00 am - Hamilton, Canada
How is everyone doing this week.  It's Wednesday already and no one has started a weigh in for the week.  I know I don't want to lose touch with the August Losers.  I hope everyone is doing ok.

I am holding steady again this week which is my goal for life now.  How is everyone else.....holding?....still losing?.....gaining and need help?.....

Hope to hear from some of you.

Fran
hikerchic
on 9/24/08 7:54 am
Hi Fran, this is the first time I have been on this board, I didn't realize I could come to one where everyone has the same surgery month, Cool.

Anyway I am doing horrible! I can't seem to control my eating while I am at work. I hate my job and eating has become my only means of coping through the 60+ hrs I work a week. I have gained about 10 lbs all of a sudden.

I start each day out thinking I will get it together, but by 10:00am I am struggling again.
what is this weigh in all about?

Lisa
brenmatt65
on 9/24/08 1:32 pm - Powell, WY
Hi Lisa and welcome to the August losers board!  The weekly weigh-in is something that was started months (if not a year) ago in order to keep us accountable.....well, as you can see, there aren't many of us left posting on a regular basis .  I try to drop in as often as I can as I believe accountability is going to pull us all through the fight of our lives to keep this weight off successfully.  I'm working fulltime M-F 8am-5pm and going to school fulltime as well.  I have a plateful but I'm not giving up on this board!

I'm so glad you're here!!  I too, was having trouble eating and snacking at work all day and I told my nurse educator/practioner about my struggle and she asked me if I was opposed to appetite suppressants.  I told her no, I had no opposition to trying them.  I'M SO GLAD I DID!!  That was on August 19 and I had been struggling with the same 5-8 lb weight gain/loss (losing and gaining the same 5-8 lbs over and over!).  Since August 19th I've lost from over 150 down to 140.  I take Phentermine at 10am and Tenuate at 4pm and it makes ALL the difference!  I no longer snack at work and I'm more able to concentrate on the job(s) at hand.  I highly recommend talking to your doctor/nurse about trying this.  I know it seems like a failure to have to be on appetite suppressants after all we've been through to lose this weight...but it sure beats the alternative of gaining the weight back!  My nurse educator told me that one of the worst stages in our journey is between 10 months and 18 months out...well guess where we are? right smack in the middle of those months.  One thing I've learned through all of this is that there is NO shame in asking for help.  It's a shame NOT to.

Please know you're in my prayers and I'll keep cheering you on from afar!  Hang in there and you'll be fine, I just know it!

God bless you!  I love you, fellow WLS sister!

Brenda

Hi Fran!
Great to see your smiling face this week!  You are amazing and you know I love you!  Keep up the great work and keep that beautiful smile gleeming! 

God bless you!  I love you!

Brenda
frazier
on 9/25/08 12:26 am - Hamilton, Canada
Hi Lisa, 
Brenda explained the board  well.  I hope you continue to post.  Like Brenda and you I am having trouble with my old habits as well.  I have more trouble after work and on days off though.  I always bring food to work....more than just lunch because I work 12 hour shifts and I try to write down everything I eat (even when I don't want to).  I find on work days these things help but I need help on my off days.  I start off the day with good intentions and tend to slip by the end of the day.  So far I know I am mostly within my calorie limits so if I have had a really bad day I try to make it up the next day.  I guess I'm just hoping I can keep up these changes for life and not  fall back in to all the  bad  habits.  I like the weekly weigh in because it keeps me accountable and I hopefully will be able to stop any gains before they go too far.  I know I need help from you Brenda Kathleen Tara and all the others who post on this board. 
This week I'm going to concentrate on getting in more vegetables.  I'm not going to worry about my other calories because vegetables will add almost nothing.  I'll see if that helps. 

Lisa,  How much weight have you lost?  Are you at goal or close to it? 

Brenda,  Always glad to hear from you.  I'm glad you are still doing so well.  Don't work too hard! I agree with you  we always need to ask for help if we need it.  The sooner we ask the sooner we might be able to fix things.

Keep in touch
Fran
maribelm
on 9/25/08 3:48 am - San Mateo, CA

Hi everyone, well it feels good to finally be ontrack to losing the wieght. I had my beautiful babies on 8/24 (34wks) and theya re doing great! I am now 4 weeks post partum and have lost about 35lbs in 4wks. Still not released to exercise since i had a c-section but i am staying active with my 3 yearold and newborn twins. As for now just focusing on eating right again.

Stats as of c-sec 8/24/08

Starting weight post partum: 268

current: 235

total weightloss since rny: 132lbs

Maribel, SW367/CW250/GW150

preview imageLilypie - (IJh8)

Kathleen L.
on 9/25/08 10:43 pm - Lawton, OK
Hi there my beautiful friends!  Glad to see you on here; was getting worried about you.  I am doing good.  My weight seems to be leveling around 122-124.  Really do not go above, nor under those numbers.  I think it is pretty safe to say I am done losing now, since Tummy Tuck.  I seem to just be settling here, which is fine with me.  My goal was 150 originally, so anything after that I will take lol.  To go from 282 to 122 is great and such a blessing for me.  I start a new job Monday.  It is 8-5 M-F.  I am excited.  It is just phone work...I will just sit (no bending lifting).  Hubby is not happy about it, but with the kids at school, it is just too lonely and quiet at this house.  Gotta do something.  Plus, we need the money.  WIth hubby retiring soon, I want to make sure I can get and keep a job with this crazy economy.  It is so scary and frightening.    I am feeling strong, swelling still there but Dr. says it will be until Feb. or March.  Not bad though, can fit into size 4 or even 2 now.  Maybe when I start work and am not home eating all the time (like I have been lol) then I can even hit 120.  Welcome to all the new folks...glad to see you and please stay.  Much Love and hugs to all of you!  Have a great weekend!  Love K
TaraWynn
on 9/26/08 11:31 pm, edited 9/26/08 11:35 pm - Midland, MI
Hello Everyone,
I am alive, lol. Just busy like Brenda  with school and work, and add to that kids!!!
I had lots going on this week. Still holding at 160 to 165. Had all my bloodwork done but haven't gone for check up (which I really need to do) Bloodwork came back really good, with Cholesterol at 132 and Bad and good levels all right on target. I am unlike most posters here in that I am NOT at goal, even still considered overweight by most charts - I am 5' 6" and 160 to 165 lbs. I would love to lose another 40 lbs but it doesn't seem to be in the cards. At my highest weight I was over 230 lbs.  I am not unhappy, how could I be? But I am a little disappointed in my personal losses as compared to many others. The women on here are all so svelte and pretty. I still have tons of skin and fat to go. NOT to have a pity party though - I am pretty happy. I am thinner now than since I was in high school, and so much healthier. And I eat pretty much what I want - the difference now is I actually THINK BEFORE I EAT, AND DURING AND AFTER EVEN....LOL. I really try to eat within the guidlines for good health. Has anyone ever seem the site : mypyramid.gov   It is really really helpful to me.
Also, I am still on the line about whether to spend the $12,000 to get my tummy/arms fixed. Here is the dilemma; I have to have fallen uterus and bladder fixed, soon!!! If I do plastics with it the hospital will be covered, but... I'd have to borrow the 12 grand, in this stinking economy..... If I dont do it I will never have hosp fees covered. What would you all do???????
I just wanted to say that those babies are the cutest ever!!! Congrats to you sweetie!!! I am more jealous of those beautiful babies than a tight tummy!!!!
Please keep all the helpful comments coming, and the accountability, it DOES help me tons. Just to know someone out there cares is nice!!!!
Please take care all, And Kathleen - way to go on getting a job, I'll bet you will be so glad you did!!!
Tara
Medic181986
on 9/28/08 7:01 am - Coldwater, MI
OMG lol I just  now found this part of the board. I have been posting on other parts.. but was happy ... I have had a lot of trouble with my band long story an I amsure that you guys dont want to be bother with it... but I am starting my new part of my life at 244...
frazier
on 9/29/08 10:32 am - Hamilton, Canada
Hi Medic, we are always happy to hear from August Losers so feel free to post here.  I don't think many of us have had the band but we would be happy to hear about it. 
Fran
Most Active
Recent Topics
Fills
nickilin · 0 replies · 741 views
5 years..feel great!
frazier · 0 replies · 773 views
5 years ago- Change my life!!
MELISSA52879 · 0 replies · 1015 views
5 years out..today
1hipmom · 1 replies · 903 views
how is everyone doing?