Weekly Weigh In...

Kathleen L.
on 10/5/08 9:29 pm - Lawton, OK
Good mornin all!  Hope everyone is doing well.  I have a big test on Credit Terms this morning.  Ugh...this ole noggin has not taken a test in over 20 yrs. so wish me luck.  I am holding steady at 122.  I think my body just likes 122-125.  I feel comfortable and blessed to be where I am at.  Now I just hope I can stay here.  Healing very well from TT.  Swelling subsiding very slowly, but that is ok.  EVERYONE have a wonderful week.  Remember, things are as good as we decide them to be.  MUCH LOVE, K

Highest:  282
Goal:        140
Current:  122

RNY Aug. 17, 2007
TT     Aug. 26, 2008
TaraWynn
on 10/7/08 8:27 pm - Midland, MI
Hey all,
I hate posting my weight. Why? because you are all so frickin thin and Im stuck here at 160 and been here for almost a year.
Now, done with the pity party..... I am happy because I CAN live this way. I dont feel like I am "dieting", my husband thinks I am gorgeous, I don't look "sick" any more. My hair is still funky, but coming back in, I can buy clothes ANYWHERE - no. not size 2's (Kathleen, I am sooo proud of you!!!- SIZE 2!!!!!!!!!! yowSA!!!) BUT SIZE 12'S WHICH I NEVER EVER THOUGHT I'D SEE AGAIN IN MY LIFETIME!  I can run, jog, play with my little boy. I can eat a cookie, eat a steak, and eat salad. I can eat without feeling like I am being punished by my body - just eat with a LOT more thought and care, and STOP when I am full. I can snack without eating a whole bag, or a whole bowl - and some things just do not interest me any more because they just aren't worth the calories-  -now who would've thought I'd think that way??????
I am also taking a class in college called "Lifelong Wellness". It is a very involved class that teaches all kinds of ways to keep healthy. I want to stay this way for life and I am learning a lot about how to accomplish this.
So, even though I am sad I didnt get to goal (and I still may :(      I am satisfied.
Satisfied. And full......................of gratitude.
Tara
frazier
on 10/8/08 10:56 am - Hamilton, Canada
Hi Tara and Kathleen, 
I am holding....at 149 this week so I have been 148-150 for the last several weeks.  I'm happy with that. 
Kathleen! Size 2 petite.  That's incredible.  You have been steady at that weight for some time now so you must be feeling great.  Good luck on the test.  How are you liking the new job?  Tara,  You are doing great as well.  I think sometimes we forget that a success for this surgery is actually losing about 25-35% of the excess weight.  I think many of us (the lucky ones) have lost more than that.  You sound like you have settled in to a very healthy way of living.  That's the hardest part for me.  I still have a lot of my bad eating habits and I feel that it's a struggle to keep maintaining every week. I haven't made all the changes part of my lifestyle yet and have to remind myself everyday that I don't want those fries burgers cakes etc.  Unfortunately I have given in to the cravings quite a bit in the last few days....as a matter of fact I'm feeling a little ill right now cause my dinner was higher fat than it should have been.  I don't know if it's a little bit of stress cause I've been going to a lot of preop classes and appointments getting ready for my knee surgery in a couple of weeks.  I am quite nervous about that.  I know I really need the surgery and everyone says I'll  feel much better and in less pain afterwards (eventually) so I guess I can look forward to that.  
That class you're taking sounds interesting Tara.  Do you have any tips for the rest of us?  I always think that friends and family have a lot to do with wellness.  I am grateful for all the friends and family I have and for all the new friends I have made here over the last year. 
I'm getting a bit long winded here so I'll close now.  Hope everyone has...or is having...a great week.
Talk to you soon.
Fran
brenmatt65
on 10/11/08 1:25 pm - Powell, WY
Hi everyone!
Here it is Saturday and I'm just now getting to post for the week....SIGHHHHH....been a loooong week and full of excitement.  I was inducted into Phi Theta Kappa this past Thursday night in honor of my 4.0 grade point average.  We took my mom and she just GLOWED the whole evening with pride.  That felt REALLY good.  I'm so glad I did something that made her feel so good.  She's a wonderful woman.  We had her out of the nursing home for a couple hours and you'd have thought we took her on a vacation. LOL.

Anyway....  I'm in a size 4 and weighing 140.  I've hit another plateau, but I'm not worried...I'm just going to work harder to get the rest of this weight off.  Who knows? I might end up in a size 2 yet!!

I'm so proud to be part of such a fantastic and successful group!!

I love you all!!

Brenda
Christi P.
on 10/13/08 2:42 am - KS

Congrats to you all!  I'm doing well this week.  I lost 2.6 pounds. 

Pre-surg wt:  290.6
today's wt:  169
total loss:   121.6
wt still to lose to goal:  24 

Medic181986
on 10/14/08 1:48 am - Coldwater, MI
Welll I was just at the docs yesterday morning an weighed in at 234 goal of 150 still have 84 lbs to go... but getting there in my own time... medic
Most Active
Recent Topics
Fills
nickilin · 0 replies · 742 views
5 years..feel great!
frazier · 0 replies · 773 views
5 years ago- Change my life!!
MELISSA52879 · 0 replies · 1015 views
5 years out..today
1hipmom · 1 replies · 903 views
how is everyone doing?
frazier · 2 replies · 950 views