Some good sites for all

TaraWynn
on 10/20/08 2:32 am, edited 10/21/08 5:28 am - Midland, MI

Hello Everybody!
I have admitted several times I am very disappointed that I have not met my goal or lost any more weight after the inital 80 lbs in 11 weeks. I have stayed pretty much at 160 to 165 for over a year now. And I am pissed! I knew they said I'd lose only 65% of the weight, but each person is different as evidenced by the people here on this site that have lost much more than me and are at goal.
I have been in a class called "Lifelong Wellness" to help me learn - well....life long wellness... that I actually do not like at all because it's so much work...lol, but I have learned of a few really good sites to share with you all, seriously, visit these - they have calorie counters for each food, nutrition pages so you can see how much fat, protein, fiber, ect you consume in a day as well as what vitamins you are getting. They also show a calorie burning chart for the exercise you do and what you eat.
The sites are :
http://fitday.com/
and
http://www.mypyramidtracker.gov/planner/sitetour/USDASiteTou r.html
Good luck and best wishes to all on our continued journey!!!
Tara

1hipmom
on 10/21/08 3:33 am - Prattville, AL
Sorry about your disappointment.  I wonder why it does work better for some than others.  I am one of those who is strict about carbs...I do slip but not much I dump easy.  I dont do sugar at all....I drink unsweet tea constantly.  I drink with my meals and I dont exercise.  However, at 14 months out I am still losing weight. I am down 154 lbs and weigh 137.  I have finally made my second goal of hitting a normal BMI.  My inital goal was losing half my body weight.  I did that at a year and 1 week out.   My weight for my height is 126.  Makes me wonder if I can hit that....I already look gaunt...However I have EXTEMELY lots of extra skin.  NO breast tissue at all......FLAT CHESTED, but life is great.  I have a wonderful boyfreind, great freinds and fabulous family.  

I just wonder if your doc did not bypass enough.  Have you ever asked him why you did not lose more?

1hipmom

291/289/135/145
high/dos/cur/goal     Made goal at 1 year and 1 week.
137 puts me at a normal BMI..Yippee

Most Active
Recent Topics
Fills
nickilin · 0 replies · 742 views
5 years..feel great!
frazier · 0 replies · 773 views
5 years ago- Change my life!!
MELISSA52879 · 0 replies · 1016 views
5 years out..today
1hipmom · 1 replies · 903 views
how is everyone doing?