update

hikerchic
on 10/22/08 1:00 am
Hello to all, I havn't been on for a couple of weeks so that I would update, maybe I could use a little support right now.  My life had gotten so stressful I am amazed at how it creeps up on you and you don't realize it.  My boyfriend of three years has not had a job in the three years he has lived with me. He is a freelance artist and has had a couple of projects over the years but never enough to support himself. I have been getting so resentful of him, I am tired of taking care of him and his dog. He always has some excuse for not working, he is always sick or having to go help his mother or whatever. While he was doing whatever he wanted on a daily bases I was working 75 hr weeks at a job that was so increadible abusive and hostile I would often end up crying or being yelled. We never knew when we would get paid or if we would be fired on a whim, usually in the middle of rage. The only training I ever got was in how to shoot guns (this is an office job) they place guns all around the office because they received death threats on a regular basis because they owe 7 million dollars to vendors, not to mention the employees that were disgruntled. When I did get paid it was about three times what I would be making else where, that is how they kept their employees. I would come home at night after being miserable and tired and have to deal with a man who was only in the relationship for a roof over his head.

I had gained 10 lbs in a month and never had the chance to exersize and was so frustrated.
Well I finally lost it, Throwing out the spongebob boyfriend and a couple days latter I quit my job.

I actually woke up the day after with a smile on my face.  I imediately cleaned the junk out of my cubards and began walking or hiking at least 5 miles a day. I even went to a dance class.  I lost those ten pounds in a week. 

Although my boyfriend is being a jerk and moved in with the woman right across the street and all the neighbors just loved him and now hate me, I am so much better off.

My boyfriend had attempted many construction projects on my house while here and none of them are finished and some have even structurally damaged my house. I still have a home and now its mine again.

I have paid the bills for a couple of months and will find another job soon.

most important the tool still works when I make the effort, that is good to know.

Have a great day everyone and please watch out for those Stressors!

Lisa
TaraWynn
on 10/22/08 9:48 pm, edited 10/22/08 9:48 pm - Midland, MI

Lisa,
What a success story! I started reading and felt so horrible for you, however, you are NOT having a pity party! You did everything you could to turn your life around for the better, did it all by yourself, sounds like with little support and look at you now!!!

I am so proud of you! Just to accomplish ONE of those things would be so difficult and you did them all in a week!!!! Then worked on bettering your lifestyle - whatta woman!!!
I know some places that you could go to obtain help in getting your house fixed. One would be your local council on housing, or Housing Commission, also, City Engineering Dept Those numbers should be in the phone book. Second would be Consumers Energy. They will perform an energy check and lead you in the direction for getting it done at low or no cost. Third would be ( please don't take offense) Department of Human Services. They will help you get help JUST in getting your house up to code. Please let me know if there is anything I can personally do to help you!
Keep your chin up and stay healthy -
Sincerely,
Tara

hikerchic
on 10/23/08 12:07 am
thanks those are some awesome ideas, I will definately be checking them out. The condition of my house is my biggest worry right now and guess I do have some options left don't I.

Lisa
frazier
on 10/27/08 7:54 am - Hamilton, Canada
Lisa,  You are moving forward and that is definitely the right direction to be taking.  Good Luck with everything and stay strong.
Fran
Most Active
Recent Topics
Fills
nickilin · 0 replies · 742 views
5 years..feel great!
frazier · 0 replies · 773 views
5 years ago- Change my life!!
MELISSA52879 · 0 replies · 1015 views
5 years out..today
1hipmom · 1 replies · 903 views
how is everyone doing?